• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Wow

1. Horn is probably out for the season, I don't want us to rush him though, do what's best for him. Injuries like that aren't injuries you play around with.

2. Donte Jackson isn't getting re-signed.

I don't think point 2 is necessarily true. We have two first round corners on rookie deals, so why not extend our other CB1 caliber corner?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

If you think about it, we just got a first round corner for a third round pick. Can't beat that, especially given that CJ was only drafted last year.

That logic is not always good to apply. Being selected as a first round pick means nothing if you end up being trash. Not saying that's the case for CJ (I know nothing about him), but it is true for others.

43 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Agreed, but as with Samuel, you have to let some walk.  This defense can't, by and large, be coming up for contract at the same time in a couple of years with us retaining every piece along the way.  We've already sunk a ton of money in Shaq and just think of all the young guys that come up for contract over the next couple of years.  D-Jax has improved his game, but he's not close to irreplaceable.

By the time these guys need to be extended, Shaq's bad contract will be off the books and he'll be in his 30's. I'm not hating on Shaq, but you're right, we can't keep everyone.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Sam is a looking like a real-deal franchise QB.  That deal was a no-brainer.   It also wasn't a knee-jerk reaction to an injury.  Potential franchise QB for a 2nd rounder is a steal if it works out.  A troubled CB for a 3rd is okay, but we could as easily filled by going another route.  Dude was in the dog house in Jax.  Urban could be a prick or maybe there's something to it.

The very first thing that Urban tried to do was hire a coach who got fired from his last job for abusing his players. Gonna go ahead and place my bet on Urban being a prick. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, travisura said:

If you think about it, we just got a first round corner for a third round pick. Can't beat that, especially given that CJ was only drafted last year.

I get it and if it works out then great.  You guys are making Henderson out to be Revis or something.  Dude is HARDLY a known/certain commodity.  If so we would be giving up a lot more than a 3rd.  This a calculated risk for sure.  Henderson, while a first round pick, has not looked worthy of the #9 overall selection.

Everyone is getting caught up on his draft status and not what he's done since his draft day.

Take his draft status out of it and this is what everyone is so jacked up over:

image.png.c14eb4bb94d07b8f7160a35e87bcd496.png

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1