• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

1 hour ago, Mage said:

IN ON EVERY DEAL

I absolutely loved CJ Henderson as a prospect and Matt Rhule and co. have done an outstanding job developing guy since they got here.

Sucks to give up another 2022 pick but Henderson is without a doubt, easily better than any 3rd rounder we could have drafted and he's still on his rookie contract.  We could potentially have an elite CB duo a year from now if Henderson lives up to his potential. 

This all but guarantees Jackson isn't being re-signed though, right?

We have 5 years of Horn (assuming we pick up the 5th yr), and we have 3 years of Henderson, now peep this, we only have to pay his base salary for 22, 23, and 24, in 25 he's eligible for a 5th year option. 

JAX is accountable for his guaranteed salary until that 5th year, so we have the money to extend Jackson, and have it end around this time and decide who to keep then. 

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get it, but that is spent capital and using your potential capital.  Those are retrofit fixes for things this year, it doesn't help us at all with future needs such as OL.

I'm sorry but this is an absolutely ridiculous statement. How is it only for this year an not help our future needs? Henderson is 22 years old and a former #9 overall pick. Sam Darnold is 24 years old a a former #3 overall pick. We got young talented starters while only losing a 2nd, and 3rd. If you told anyone we got Sam Darnold and CJ Henderson for a 2nd and 3rd they would fall on the ground laughing. We can't worry about what we may miss in the second and third. Get talented starters when you can. You may not have paid any attention to this last draft but Fitterer and Rhule know what to do in the draft. They will wiggle around and get more picks. Now isn't the time to worry about draft picks. Thats what losing franchises worry about. 

Edited by Daddy_Uncle
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 3

means two things to me

1. horn is done for the year, barring a playoff run comeback. good for him, whatever. feet are an injury you don't force things with. 

2. we're going more heavier sets. offensive line isn't gelling and arnold doesn't bring much as a blocker. Tremble's big night against houston doesn't hurt either. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1