• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on Henderson trade

NAS

15 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm sure alot of players with the Jags are questioning whether they love football or not.  I think one positive thing for us is he's coming when we are on the upswing and have some positive momentum going.  He's going to walk into a locker room that is happy and energized right now, with a fan base that is slowly geting excited themselves.  And if we open his career with a win over Dallas, he's going to look around thinking "this is how the other half lives?  I like this!"

There’s been plenty of Jags lately that hates football while there. 

• Pie 2

It's a fair concern and plays into the value being so low for Jacksonville, but well worth the risk. And frankly there have been plenty of NFL players who have contributed to winning teams/organizations and SB victories without being in love with the game of football. He's extremely talented and if we can even get him to reach part of that potential whether he loves the game or not, this is a great trade. We're not going to be relying on him to be our #1. He'll be #2 or #3 behind Donte and once Horn comes back him too and that's with a stacked pass rush that takes the pressure off the secondary anyways.

4 minutes ago, Fan01 said:

Some nervous nellys around wanting a top 10 draft pick for very little but with no downside or risk whatsoever.  What a wonderful world.

I think the Ramsey deal is a good example of what it takes to get a guy like that.  If you want a young, proven 1st round pick...its gonna take you at least two 1st round picks.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'll just root for my local team thanks.

I'd tell you to head on over to Cam's team but......

Cam hasn't suited up for us in over two years guy get with the times. Your boy Ted choked here when it mattered. Accept it and embrace our new quarterback and quit whining about Ellis or anyone else telling it like it is 🤷‍♂️💯

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I think the Ramsey deal is a good example of what it takes to get a guy like that.  If you want a young, proven 1st round pick...its gonna take you at least two 1st round picks.

Yeah you don’t get a guy this talented, this early into their career at a premium position for just a 3rd and a JAG TE without some MAJOR red flags. The more I’ve read into it the more nervous I’ve gotten but Tepper, Fitterer and Rhule must really feel like the personal connection Cooper has and the mental health program they started are the key to unlocking him and keeping him engaged. I’m going to trust them as they haven’t given me any reason not to yet and if it doesn’t work out then it was just a 3rd.

• Pie 1

In my opinion there is no reason to not be at least excited with optimism for his potential. Plenty of players before him have bene involved in trades where they were considered "disgruntled" and even benched then shined for their new teams. Also plenty have fizzled out with new teams but I choose optimism here and hope this is the change of scenery he needs to feel content and use his skills to go out and kick some ass. That deal was too decent to pass up. Arnold was decent for us for sure but was not a Tony Gonzalez in his prime so this one had to be a no brainer to make this deal.

• Pie 1

Henderson is talented but he isn't a football fan. He had a telling interview after his first game last year. At the presser he was asked if he followed Phillip Rivers at all growing up.  He said in a matter of fact manner, "Honestly Im not much of a football fan."

Now Im aware that the NFL is a business and plenty of guys just do it for the money, but it usually at least started out as kid loving the game. Henderson is talented, but Im not sure if he will ever be committed to a team more then a paycheck.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Cam hasn't suited up for us in over two years guy get with the times. Your boy Ted choked here when it mattered. Accept it and embrace our new quarterback and quit whining about Ellis or anyone else telling it like it is 🤷‍♂️💯

This went over your head again. My god. 

Huddle blow hards repeating last years mantras. People who live on these forums but don't pay attention to what's actually happening in the league.

Edited by Moo Daeng

11 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I'm sure alot of players with the Jags are questioning whether they love football or not.  I think one positive thing for us is he's coming when we are on the upswing and have some positive momentum going.  He's going to walk into a locker room that is happy and energized right now, with a fan base that is slowly geting excited themselves.  And if we open his career with a win over Dallas, he's going to look around thinking "this is how the other half lives?  I like this!"

Exactly. Happens all the time. Guy is on shitty team and looks checked out then goes to a contender and all of a sudden hes been revived