• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sober Thoughts - Panthers at Cowboys

Zod

We got out coached yesterday and it showed. I also still state that our Oline will make us a. 500 team this year. They are the difference between. 500 and . 800 and above in my eyes. Also fug the refs these past two games. Like you guys have been total ass. I miss the IDGAF college refs at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

These next four games are really critical.  Its seems like we need to win at least three of the four.  With the back half of the schedule a lot harder anything less than that makes it problematic for a playoff berth.

Either we are good enough to beat tough teams or we aren't.  If we aren't, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs because ALL the teams in the playoffs are tough.  Getting to the playoffs against a weak early schedule is awful.  If you get into the playoffs, but went 2-4 in your last six, chances are you're bounced out in the first round.

Bottom line is that this team isn't a finished product yet.  We are still relatively thin and have some glaring needs.  I believe we can get there, but that this isn't our year.

• Beer 3

I'd rather this defense get their humble pie NOW than later in the year.  This is WAYYYY too early to peak.  This really young group got exposed yesterday and that's okay.  It will be a learning tool going forward.  I have no doubt they will bounce back.  I had no delusions of going 17-0.  Study, learn and benefit from it.  Coach Snow needed this too.  He has to draw up counter-scheme to what the League now sees as the blue print to attack our defense.  Again, better early in the season than late to make these adjustments.  If a team gets exposed late in the year, they are what they are at that point and it's difficult to shift gears.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

My barber in uptown is a Cowboys fan (of course right?) 

on Saturday he felt good because he said if both teams played their best games then the Cowboys would win. It was hard for me to argue

yesterday i felt like the Cowboys played about as close to a perfect game as possible. Dak didnt get sacked one time, he got the ball out quick and I dont remember him missing a throw. Zeke and Pollard had tons of room to run it felt like every play. No turnovers, no back breaking penalties, and they got after Sam

on the other hand while we did some good things on offense, we also had 2 killer INTs by Sam - one was a TD if he throws to Marshall instead and the other swung all the momentum in the game and felt like a killshot. The missed field goal and the terrible call on the Chinn fumble were 2 huge bad breaks

I think as fans we get too emotional and passionate and assume the strengths of our team should always work in our favor and forget the other team has its own strengths as well and get paid to play just like our guys do. It’s also dumb to bring up injuries because Lawrence, Collins and Gallup are significant missing pieces for them as well

THAT ALL BEING SAID. I came away pretty optimistic about the rest of our season after yesterday. I felt like we got every bad break and felt like Dallas played their A game while we played our C game and it was still a tight game. 3rd quarter was a disaster but every other quarter we either tied or outscored them and when you look at the box score the yards and first downs were about even and we controlled the time of possession. Those looked like 2 evenly matched teams and one team got all the good breaks and we were the ones that made too many mistakes which is why we lost. At no point did I feel like we were overmatched and thats one of the more talented teams in the league.

compare that to last season where we had to play our A game and good teams had to play a C game for it to be close like the Packers or Chiefs games

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

We have been playing few linebackers and a ton of D-backs all year, basically daring the other team to run at us and sending a ton of pressure at the same time.  Dallas is built perfectly to counter that.  We will match up much better with most other teams, including all of those in our division.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Either we are good enough to beat tough teams or we aren't.  If we aren't, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs because ALL the teams in the playoffs are tough.  Getting to the playoffs against a weak early schedule is awful.  If you get into the playoffs, but went 2-4 in your last six, chances are you're bounced out in the first round.

Bottom line is that this team isn't a finished product yet.  We are still relatively thin and have some glaring needs.  I believe we can get there, but that this isn't our year.

I don't know if we're a good team, but I feel pretty confident we're not a bad team.

If we are a team that can at least beat the bad teams, that's a step up from last year.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if we're a good team, but I feel pretty confident we're not a bad team.

If we are a team that can at least beat the bad teams, that's a step up from last year.

That's what I'm saying.  We aren't a finished product, but we are an improved product.