• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Jack gone?

CarolinaXblue

Honestly he probably is. Fitterer clearly has a very specific body type and athletic profile he wants in a CB. Given that he's already acquired 3 different CBs(Horn, Henderson, Gilmore) that all fit that exact prototype in just 8 months on the job, I would find it very hard to believe he is going to give out the type of contract that Donte will command($15M+/year) to a guy who most certainly does not fit his ideal CB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Honestly he probably is. Fitterer clearly has a very specific body type and athletic profile he wants in a CB. Given that he's already acquired 3 different CBs(Horn, Henderson, Gilmore) that all fit that exact prototype in just 8 months on the job, I would find it very hard to believe he is going to give out the type of contract that Donte will command($15M+/year) to a guy who most certainly does not fit his ideal CB.

Whole staff's into analytics over everything and Jackson's killing it.

Everybody keeps saying one year rental, but I thought he was threatening to sit out without a deal.  Isn’t that why New England let him go?  Otherwise they just would have kept him for the year.  I might be wrong, but I am assuming we are giving him something.  Maybe just a front loaded contract for this year with voidable back years added.  I don’t know a lot about the contract process to be honest.

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

$15M a year for Donte? There’s only 7 who make that much or more and 2 of the 7 have reasonable outs after 2021 which would effectively mean they got $13-14 per year. Those guys are a level above Donte. Unless Marty pulls a Samuel, I think Donte’s in the $8-10 range, maybe $9-11.

Adoree Jackson just got 13M, Shaq Griffin just got 13.3M. He is better than both of those guys. Top end CBs with new deals are getting $19-20M. Cap is going up and CB is a premium position. I think $15M is a very fair estimate.