• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule just showed us his true colors.

TheoJay10

I'm extremely disappointed by today's game. I'm just glad that I watched it at the office and was able to get some work done while the TV was on. I'm surprised they lost to an inferior team, but not really shocked. I've known since the season began that we're not good enough to challenge the upper echelon teams for a NFC title. Without out MacCaffrey, we are an average/below average team. After today's fiasco I'd be happy if were in contention for a playoff spot at the end of the season. We started off kind of strong last season and wilted. I can see the same thing happening this year.

We need more talent on our woeful offensive line. We really could use a difference maker at linebacker and FS. I don't think we really get much push on our pass rushes with our DT's. And quite frankly, Darnold needs to step up his game. He has potential. I don't regret the trade. But, he's missing too many open throws and the INT's seem to result from him throwing behind the receivers.

I've always felt 2022 would be the year we make a statement. I'd be content if we can remain competitive despite our weaknesses this season. Then during the off-season Rhule and Fitz will make it a top priority t fix the apparent weakeness. If we don't see a guy who we think is worthy of the a high draft pick, then I understand the trade down philosophy. But, if I stud LT, C, or FS is on the board when we're up and he fits our scheme then we need to pick him ASAP.

Edited by SCO96

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Not with Joe Brady calling the plays he wouldn’t. You’re blaming a player for a coaching failure because you’re too unintelligent to understand the game of football. In turn, you are blaming a QB you don’t like.

”He ThRoUgH tHe BaLl tO oThEr GuY”

Yeah because we have no game plan or OL

Darnold sails 3 third down conversions and throws 3 undeniably dumb picks. Blames OC. Sure bro. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Not with Joe Brady calling the plays he wouldn’t. You’re blaming a player for a coaching failure because you’re too unintelligent to understand the game of football. In turn, you are blaming a QB you don’t like.

”He ThRoUgH tHe BaLl tO oThEr GuY”

Yeah because we have no game plan or OL

Sam Darnold still has all his NY issues.  That’s not all on Joe Brady. 

and a rookie Chubba in his second start hit a 100 yards on the ground behind this OL.  

Brady is young and situationally needs work.  His scheme overall is clearly good.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is his second straight game making boneheaded throws that actively hurt us.

He is who he is. It doesn't help to try and coach his bad habits out of him and put a HS JV OL in front of him, however.

This is not setting him up for success. Not at all.

I know, it is like someone that had a clue would realize that Darnold is not great under pressure and having a quality OLine is important to his success. 

However what we get is Courage the cowardly dog and a milquetoast offensive line.

Edited by Monrowed

Just now, Monrowed said:

I know, it is like someone that had a clue would realize that Darnold is not great under pressure and having a quality OLine is important to his success. 

I think the staff and FO learned some obvious lessons about OL quality this season(and will continue to learn the same lesson).

The fact that Fitterer said he has been actively trying to improve the OL makes me comfortable with the future. I think we see that our staff and FO immediately realize how much of a mistake they made and will learn from it.

Although a lot of the fans could obviously see how bad the OL moves were, they can see it now too and I think they will learn from it.

We all just have to take some nasty medicine this year learning from those mistakes.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Darnold sails 3 third down conversions and throws 3 undeniably dumb picks. Blames OC. Sure bro. 

Dude, our offense has struggled for 2 years in the second half. We don’t have an OL, the offense we do have is because CMC, DJ Moore or Darnold improvising. Joe Brady is garbage.

You try throwing a football while getting chased every play or having double coverage. You can’t be successful. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

I would not mind Brady as the passing game coordinator, but he is not OC material yet.

Which is obvious to anyone not as stupid as Rhule as a game manager. Have Rhule hire a HC while he's at it and he can be the team spirit coordinator

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

Dude, our offense has struggled for 2 years in the second half. We don’t have an OL, the offense we do have is because CMC, DJ Moore or Darnold improvising. Joe Brady is garbage.

You try throwing a football while getting chased every play or having double coverage. You can’t be successful. 

The offensive line is a known problem I agree. The source of our team woes is that we can’t generate any push in the running game. We cant break any big runs or make 3rd and shorts without CMC. 

But the other issue is that we just showed the rest of the league that we can’t rely on Darnold either to pick up the slack. Those overthrows he made cost us our momentum. All he had to do what deliver on a few of those throws. He just showed us that he’s probably not the guy. 

A franchise QB doesn’t throw picks like that at any stage. He’s also not a rookie anymore as much as we like to pretend that he is. We can win with him at full strength but I don’t see us winning anymore games until then because Darnold is just missing throws he has no room to not make. 

I want him to succeed and he did have a clutch throw before the Robby drop, but still a better QB would have iced this game in the 3rd quarter because the plays were there. Thats why Cam was able to carry a weak team, that’s why  Rodgers consistently owns. 

• Pie 1