• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember Curtis Samuel?

kungfoodude

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, we didn't really have to dodge the bullet, because it was only a cap gun. Samuel was destined to leave.

We weren't ever going to pay him what someone else would. I said it then in different words: he and Washington deserve one another.

No doubt. From an organizational standpoint, I don't think we were ever going to re-sign him.

From a fan standpoint, I know there was a small contingent that thought he was the guy we should keep.

17 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Had a career year in his contract year, no surprise there. He was always talented but injury prone. I worry the same is happening to Donte Jackson right now. 

His career year was almost entirely due to conveniently timed injury to CMC. He got to basically step in for CMC's role in the passing game as well as get more carries as a runner. How he was used last year is basically the blueprint for how he should be used in the NFL. There just wasn't an opportunity for him to really due that here because we had CMC. That was an issue I had with Gettleman. He tended to spend too many high value draft picks on overlapping talents. CMC/Samuel. KB/Funchess. Short/Butler. Etc.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

48 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Possibly. It is tough for our WR's with the OL/QB situation. It isn't like DJ is blowing up either.

DJ is on pace to have his best season…by far.  1400 yards, 13 TDs.  And that is just projecting over 16 games and not 17. 

Which would be the 3rd best by a Panther statistically following only 89’s 2005 and Moose’s 2004 (if only using 16 games and not 17 as the bar).    

I mean he is on pace to at least  challenge for the best individual season in franchise history.   That’s blowing up in my mind. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, CRA said:

DJ is on pace to have his best season by far.  1400 yards, 13 TDs.  And that is just projecting over 16 games and not 17. 

DJ is low key one of the absolute best WRs in the NFL. The numbers he's out up throughout his career given his QB, OL, and overall offensive situations is pretty unbelievable. VERY few guys in today's league could've duplicated it IMO.

• Pie 6