• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did LT Christensen do?

musicman

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s one of the indicators to me that this coaching staff is in over its waders. Every player regressed this much? Or is it maybe rhule and co are clueless. I mean they did just get out coached by Judge 

Im trying to be as nice as possible. I mean Rhule is allowed to have a bad game or two for the season. Just as you know Judge has looked like one of the worst coaches league wide and they were missing nearly 4 real play-makers(one stud MLB and 3 studs on O).....Just a poo show that Rhule was a part of. I honestly need to sleep this off, soooooooo disappointing with the panthers right now.....

the coming week will show me whats Rhule made of.......he better have virgin rubber in his DNA.... 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Can the Huddle finally stop asking for Christensen to play LT now? Our team lacks talent at QB and O-line, and no one else is coming to the rescue. Just enjoy this sh*tshow until next year. 

Well hold on now it actually isn't too much to ask a LT to play LT.

It's also not too much to ask for him to not collect defensive stats when he is supposed to stop those stats!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

While I was watching him today I was thinking about the FO's take on him after the draft:  "We had a 3rd round grade on him as a tackle but a 2nd round grade on him as a guard".  To me this tells me that we think that he could get adequate push playing guard but may lack lateral quickness.  I think he gave up 2-3 sacks today including the one he did himself, but there was absolutely no push whatsoever in the run game that would suggest he would be better playing guard when we ran to his side.  I don't think this is going to be an Andrus Peat situation where he could just slide over from LT to LG.  Even when we had him at RT he was getting pushed straight back into the QB.

Granted it was his first game and he could improve since that is a notoriously hard position to play, but it is frustrating as hell given the issues we have had over there and to see Slater lighting it up so far.  

Edited by Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands

56 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s one of the indicators to me that this coaching staff is in over its waders. Every player regressed this much? Or is it maybe rhule and co are clueless. I mean they did just get out coached by Judge 

I have serious questions about the OL coaching here. The OL play appears to have steadily regressed since last season.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

ROFL he just took his ass out too man look. He thought it was the defender 

This is our teams butt fumble unfortunately 

Honestly it's so bad I can't even believe that poo was real. Worst play of the year candidate for sure. I thought it looked like he completely just threw him down. Somehow I guess her thought Darnold was a Giant I guess? Jesus this is so bad

25 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I have serious questions about the OL coaching here. The OL play appears to have steadily regressed since last season.

Looks like a combination of bad coaching and poor talent evaluation. We can use Moton as a control. He's clearly talented and everybody agreed he earned his extension. Suddenly he looks as lost as everyone else, that's bad coaching. Choosing to rely on guys like Elf, and daley. Paradis being a hold over and erving to an extent(i like his run blocking personally) it looks like bad talent evaluation plus bad coaching. Not to mention Christensen looks bad and brown couldn't get on the field. It's a mess

Edited by RJK

6 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Honestly it's so bad I can't even believe that poo was real. Worst play of the year candidate for sure. I thought it looked like he completely just threw him down. Somehow I guess her thought Darnold was a Giant I guess? Jesus this is so bad

Oh no doubt he dogged Darnold down to the ground like he wished he could do to a real NFL DL.

LOL got in his face and all that rofl omg man

2 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

Everyone on the oline looks like they are just substantially physically weaker than well, everyone on the defensive side of the ball.  I have never seen anything like it.

We are fuged.

Yeah that's a good point. I know we need a lot of new things, but a strength and conditioning coach must be one of them. Forget technique,  our offensive linemen seem to simply be physically weak. 

• Beer 1