• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

then you don't bring him in 

sam was always the third choice. if you're in for a penny you're in for a pound. the panthers believed they could build an offense for him to thrive in, one that leaned on CMC that he could execute. And that after he did that he would command more money. and for a second there it looked like it was going to work out, but of course now everything has fallen apart. 

just because of what's happened in the interim doesn't change what the situation was when the move happened

Hindsight maybe 20/20 but the in my opinion the writing was on the wall that it was never gonna work. And it didnt help that the OL was not invested in more during the draft as well....

• Beer 2

I never bought in 100% anyways. I thought we were trending in the right direction but it has become obvious that we're probably just as bad off now as we were when Rhule took over. Ask yourself this; what exactly does Rhule do so good that makes him worthy of being a head coach? I can not think of a single thing that Rhule is exceptional at. 

He does come off though like he himself thinks that he is a galaxy brained football God.

• Pie 2

This is the lowest I've felt about Rhule, but still not abandoning yet. He just passed the 20 game mark as an NFL HC and in two years (along with Snow) turned this defense into something marvelous. The offense has been pieced together slowly since it all can't be fixed in two seasons.

I do think our success arrived earlier than anticipated, so his shortcomings are really showing. He needs one more year to build out the OL in the draft and with the cap space incoming. 

His time management, too-many-men-on-the-field penalties and close calls along with his inability to communicate like an NFL Coach needs to be fixed....fast. Rivera was pretty rough his first two years, give the guy one more year (or at least a portion of 2022) before kicking him out. 

• Beer 2

As soon as he said all of that poo about Cam only for the team to release him started everything off on the wrong foot for me. Basically he had/has a huge mountain to climb to win me over. I keep wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt but the teams moves with the QB position and offensive line scream Rhule wanting to prove he can turn guys careers around to prove his coaching chops.

So far none of his reclamation projects have panned out and the team is suffering because of it.

He’s also way too loyal to his Temple and Baylor guys and seems stubborn when it comes to making obvious changes. Gives me terrible Ron Rivera PTSD.

He also had the balls as a first time NFL head coach to not hire an offensive or defensive coordinator with any NFL experience to help him with the transition to the big leagues. It’s blatantly obvious this team lack experience and we are being out coached week after week. That all falls on Rhule.

At the rate this team is going I’m just about ready to give up and hope Tepper cleans house and allows Fitterer to hire his own staff.

• Flames 3

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I haven’t lost confidence in Rhule. I have lost confidence in Brady last season. 

I just really think Rhule needs people around him with NFL experience, and needs to get away from the Temple/Baylor people.

Phil Snow is the only one who comes off as being an NFL caliber coach. 

Edited by CanePantherHornet

20 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I tried to give him a chance, but this offseason he blew it. Drafting a cornerback instead of Slater or Fields was a dumbshit move that tanked our season. Also trading a 2nd + more for a QB that's in the same tier as Teddy was also fuging terrible.

The corner he drafted was playing like the best defender on the team before an injury. We may need those other two positions more. But Horn is a stud so it wasn’t the wrong choice. 

The QB everyone wanted (Fields) just got THUMPED by the Bucs and he turned it over FIVE times. 

• Pie 3