• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to go on record and IN FAVOR of trading the farm for Watson?

TheBigKat

Do you want us to Trade for Watson  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade the Farm for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

tell me how he plays? Only reason he isn't on the exempt list right now is because the Texans have done it for the NFL.    He isn't going to play this year if traded. 

And next year is when all the court stuff goes down.  And then eventually the NFL will suspend him for games.  And we can't even guess how many that will be because we don't know what the current eviroment will dictate it to be.  This is a long way from being over for Watson.   

So yeah, you are trading away all that draft capital to finally get a full season from him in 2023.  And then you don't even know if you would want to pull for him and be the face of your team when the time comes.....

just not worth it.  But yeah, he can ball. 

Not going to get into the ethical side of the debate.

However, one thing that people need to realize is that any scenario where Watson is traded, the draft picks will almost all certainly be conditional.  It will likely work the same way the Colts trade for Wentz work.  Neither Miami or Carolina are going to trade multiple non-conditional 1sts for Watson.  They are all going to be conditional on the # of games he plays in 2022/2023 (although I'd be surprised to see him suspended more than 8 games, and a season-long suspension would almost certainly be appealed by the NFLPA).

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

I don't think that is necessarily true.  Ian Rappaport came out this morning and said the league has no intentions of placing him on the Exempt List or suspending him.  I would imagine Ian has asked people in the NFL offices about this, and that was their reply...

I agree they they don't presently have any intention of it.   Because Hou did the job.   Nice and easy for them. 

you trade him? a team wants to play him? non-football media will flip their lid.  It would a media storm.  NFL hates horrible press.  Imagine a team attempting that having that circus dominating NFL news.  NFL will promptly place him on the exempt list.   The NFL doesn't need Watson.     

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm in. If we have a plan to fix that OL and not completely gut the defense, count me in.

Let me introduce you this team.  They are called the Carolina Panthers and historically could give a rat's @ss about fixing an OL.  Been this way the better part of 25-years.    Sure, the one draft  we lucked up and got Jordan Gross because the Vikings could get their card turned in on time we fielded some decent OLs with him here.  Besides that, it's always been a patchwork band of misfits.  Some units less embarrassing than others, but this team has NEVER been known for investing in the OL and fielding an elite unit.

I'm on board. Tired of the losing. Tired of the approach that some fans want to take with draft picks thinking that draft capital is more important than real talent currently in the NFL that is a proven commodity. I want to see a SB championship in my lifetime and there is no QB's over the next 3 drafts that are that kind of prospect to turn down this chance to get a proven top 5 QB under 26 years old. Have a feeling the civil stuff will go away shortly after his trade is completed anyway, and I don't think the trade happens without conditional ties to the picks anyway so do it. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1