• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to go on record and IN FAVOR of trading the farm for Watson?

TheBigKat

Do you want us to Trade for Watson  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade the Farm for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

59 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

So you send to HOU CMC, Robby, 2 1sts and and 1 second.... 

It's funny that you think Houston would take an oft injured RB with a huge contract, an overpaid receiver that is having issues catching a cold this season, two firsts and a second for an "elite" QB in his prime. Teams were offering three first round picks for the number three rookie in this past draft and you think that sad offer will net Watson?

For the record, I don't want him. It'll cost way too much and this team is in no shape to compete even with him.

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, CRA said:

tell me how he plays? Only reason he isn't on the exempt list right now is because the Texans have done it for the NFL.    He isn't going to play this year if traded. 

And next year is when all the court stuff goes down.  And then eventually the NFL will suspend him for games.  And we can't even guess how many that will be because we don't know what the current eviroment will dictate it to be.  This is a long way from being over for Watson.   

So yeah, you are trading away all that draft capital to finally get a full season from him in 2023.  And then you don't even know if you would want to pull for him and be the face of your team when the time comes.....

just not worth it.  But yeah, he can ball. 

So you think when the dust settles on this and there are no criminal charges and he pays these money snatchers to go away that he's going to ultimately be suspended for more than 25 games?

That would be the most absurd punishment in NFL history, and it isn't grounded in any sort of reality. 

• Pie 1

I loved his game at Clemson. I've pulled for him in the pros. But I've got serious doubts about this move. Even before the legal mess, I thought the Texans were asking too much for him...at least for us. We're more than a piece away from contending. Even if he balled out he's gonna come up short if that O-line isnt' fixed, and that'll be hard to do without draft capital.

Secondly, the allegations "really" concern me. We can never play the "character matters" card again if we go thru this and the allegations end up being true. I personally don't believe all of these women are lying. Being in SC, I've also heard things from a couple of sources that I don't even feel comfortable repeating on this forum.  All I can say is that what I've heard is disturbing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Making it difficult for me to be all in is the unknown of the legal issues and that is where trading 1st round picks and players is the big risk should you end up still needing to draft a QB or get one via free agency if Watson is not able to play.  OTHERWISE... I am all in on a trade because you are going to end up using a first round pick or trading a bunch to move up in the draft for an unknow and your in this constant cycle of drafting and bringing QBS that its worth to trade capital for a proven guy. 

13 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

So you think when the dust settles on this and there are no criminal charges and he pays these money snatchers to go away that he's going to ultimately be suspended for more than 25 games?

That would be the most absurd punishment in NFL history, and it isn't grounded in any sort of reality. 

Well he isn’t paying them all off all off to go away.   Too many accusations exist.  So it will go the distance with some. 

and he will be suspended for games in 2022 as a results of his actions.    Because even if he isn’t guilty of the worst of the accusations….he will be punished for his really dumb behavior.  

He isn’t playing right now.  Those don’t count as suspension games.  Not sure where you got 25 from. He might not get 16 in 2022 but he will get a good amount.  

So regardless, it would make his first full season 2023.   And you might hate the fact you have to pull for a perv when all the dust settles.  Too much smoke to think they are all BS.   Some legit massage therapist are clearly mixed in.  

just not worth the risk.  And it sets up to potentially be the dumbest move in franchise history….

but Watson can ball.  As I said, I’m a massive Clemson homer and was my favorite player.   Not just at Clemson but overall.