• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

14 minutes ago, Panthers12211981 said:

you have no morals all you care about is winning football games.

I've got news for you its  bigger things then stupid football in the end and i'm glad the POS Watson is not coming here.

You're absolutely right. When it comes to football fandom, I couldn't give one poo about morals. This isn't the Billy Graham Lifetime Achievement Award. It's football. Winning is all that matters. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Top QBs do not last till the 2nd round, even if that is their grade. The top 3 QBs will go round one regardless if they have a 1st or 3rd round grade. Teams need QBs.

I know, but my point is, if he happens to last until then...  because I don't trust him or any of the other guys that were projected as the top QBs of this class in the first round.  If another team wants to take that gamble, have at it, but I prefer we didnt.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

Because Miami is his first option.

This does not mean that he would NOT waive it for Carolina.  Which has been well-known the entire time.  

If Houston/Miami have a deal in place, then why would Watson waive it for a 2nd team when he could go to his first option?

This does not mean he would not waive it for Carolina, if the Miami deal broke down.  It does not mean Watson would not play for Carolina.  It does not mean we aren't 2nd in line to get Watson.

You guys are reading far, far more into Ian's tweet than necessary.  The only new information was that we were not going to pursue him, "at this time."  And as Florio pointed out, who knows what "at this time" means?  It could mean that if the Dolphins/Texans deal breaks down, then we will be back to pursuing him at another time later this week or in the offseason.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I know, but my point is, if he happens to last until then...  because I don't trust him or any of the other guys that were projected as the top QBs of this class in the first round.  If another team wants to take that gamble, have at it, but I prefer we didnt.

I think we draft a QB and all defense, then we blame the QB next year for all the problems with the offense, rinse and repeat.