• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this season boring to you?

The offseason has been much more entertaining for years now and the play on the field  kills all excitement about new coaches/players. Trades left and right, drafting young dogs on D. Only to get blown out by the 1-5 gmen 🤦‍♂️ really kills the vibe 

Edited by RJK

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

The offseason has been much more entertaining for years now and the play on the field  kills all excitement about new coaches/players. Trades left and right, drafting young dogs on D. Only to get blown out by the 1-5 gmen 🤦‍♂️ really kills the vibe 

Yeah the last game was the most demoralizing loss we've had in maybe 10 years.  This week is make or break.  If we come back and beat Atlanta this season MIGHT be salvageable...but if we lose, oh boy....

• Pie 1

Honestly, 2016 thru 10/28/2021 has been brutally boring as a Carolina Panther fan. Nothing ever changes, it’s been like long drawn out ground hogs day. We’re always promised the sunshine of tomorrow while being fed the SH!T biscuit surprise of the day. And we keep coming back for more with money in our hands. So I ask you my brothers and sisters, who’s the fool???

The offense is boring.

I just keep it fun by making fun.

Also when you like football in general and watch competent clubs it helps. Lots of players I like to see play. Also care a lot less now that I'm older in general and miss games here and there whereas before that wouldn't happen.

For me, when it's a bad season, at least there are usually some long time Panthers careers to keep watching, or someone really interesting or energizing on the team (think TD arriving to spy Vick) but no one on this team really has that spark. Brian Burns on a tear is the only thing I can think of that would come close and that doesn't seem to be something to count on much now. I knew CMC was going to be injured and out by game 4 this season; anyways; I've always seen him as a less of a Panther and more of an NFL player who happens to be on the Panthers, if that makes any sense. So yeah, pretty boring.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Imagine having to watch the Gamecocks on Saturday and the Panthers on Sunday. It’s been a brutal football season……again!!

If not for betting and fantasy football, I’m not sure I would even watch the NFL anymore. It’s an incredibly boring product. 

Well as a Clemson fan it was fun for awhile. Now I wonder if Dabo has praise the lorded himself out of relevance with that bizarre transfer take/player pay stance.

• Pie 1

I put a good part of the blame on the changes to media access at practices and the locker room. We're only getting what the Panthers want us to see. They're in control of the news and it is boring. We hear about the locker room / team morale only at press conferences mostly from Rhule like that is going to convince anybody. It's straight up coach speak, as it should be, but there's no color to it. We hear from random players at press conferences and it's just blah. blah, blah repeating what the PR dept wrote. Props to Anderson for his sideline emotion.

This team has no character and it feels like they lack the strength to develop one. It feels like they are lying to the fans.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Imagine having to watch the Gamecocks on Saturday and the Panthers on Sunday. It’s been a brutal football season……again!!

If not for betting and fantasy football, I’m not sure I would even watch the NFL anymore. It’s an incredibly boring product. 

Hey, at least Clemson/USC will be entertaining this year.  I mean, it will be an ugly trainwreck but will finally be a game.   6-3 in OT, Tigers.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

This team has no character and it feels like they lack the strength to develop one. It feels like they are lying to the fans.

It has character but it’s young character still trying to find their voice. TD wasn’t TD when he first came here. Greg wasn’t Greg till a few years here. Charles Johnson wasn’t Charles Johnson for a few years We have a young team and no enough old guys but guess what those young guys become old guys at some point. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some older vet experience brought in next year and for people Like Burns and Brown to become more vocal.

Who was the leader in Tampa in 2019? No one then they brought in someone like Brady and then you started to hear about Devin White and Lavonte David be the vocal ones. 

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It has character but it’s young character still trying to find their voice. TD wasn’t TD when he first came here. Greg wasn’t Greg till a few years here. Charles Johnson wasn’t Charles Johnson for a few years We have a young team and no enough old guys but guess what those young guys become old guys at some point. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some older vet experience brought in next year and for people Like Burns and Brown to become more vocal.

Who was the leader in Tampa in 2019? No one then they brought in someone like Brady and then you started to hear about Devin White and Lavonte David be the vocal ones. 

I'm not talking about leaders. I'm talking about the character of the team as a whole, what the fans know and feel. It's all hush-hush behind closed doors. When Jake took over, we learned that he was a jokester, his Cajun accent was hard to understand in the huddle at times.  And we all know Cam's character off the field. Those are things we would learn from locker room interviews.

It's as if the players are afraid of saying "the wrong thing" so they say basically nothing at all.

They're not having fun. So neither are the fans. Even when they were winning, there was no spark.

As for TB, they have had their fair share of vocal leaders over the years including a coach. Warren Sapp would like a word with you lol. We hear White and David now only because they won the SB. Do you hear much from Von Miller now? No.

I went straight from 2015 level excitement to Jimmy Clausen era blah in 2 weeks.

Its not boring. I just don't care. I'll watch, but if I fall asleep it's no big deal or if I get asked to do pretty much anything else I'm probably going to do it. 

I'll catch the "highlights" later.