• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You saw the answer today...

Jmac

22 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I do hope the coaches have seen how good it is too run multiple backs in a committee. I don't want it to go back to CMC playing 90% of the snaps when he comes back.

Honestly, Abdullah looks like he can actually spell CMC on all 3 downs, too.  I love Chubba but for now he's a 2 down back... A good runner, but he's not there yet at catching the ball. That's okay tho, he's done well for a 4th rounder imo.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Winning formula against a bad team that throws two redzone INTs. You can't beat decent teams playing stall ball in today's NFL. It's what we're gonna have to do but we were so hesitant to do it because we were giving Darnold a legit shot. We've thrown in the towel on that now. We're in damage control backup QB mentality mode now.

I thought we won…no?

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, CRA said:

That gameplan isn’t something you can use vs other teams. 

You would be punting the entire game vs other teams 

Punting and field position is generally better than what our offense has been producing. 

I am down for continuing the run heavy attack. Try it until it doesn't work. We don't have anything to lose.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Jmac said:

CMC, Chuba, and Ameer. Throw in Royce for the beef. The Oline seems to be much better run blocking then pass protecting. Hopefully the coaching staff understands that to win with this team, its going to be run first. 

Brady needs to change his LSU ways. We don't have a Burrow nor the wideouts that they did. Design pass plays around the run. Take a shot downfield when it presents itself.

Winning formula with the players we can put on the field 

...um, the thing is that we've gotten beat by great Run Defense teams. So I understand your logic but unfortunately  we can't run against the great teams. However, I would like to have more run plays and pitches from time to time. Keep those Defenses honest. 

I'd like to remind everyone who loved the game plan that we scored 19 points against a very bad team.  That gameplan isn't going to net consistent success.  If it was that simple, we would have won a lot more games last year with TB5.

Our biggest problem remains our OLine.  While they looked somewhat better run blocking, the fact remains we kicked four FG's.  We managed to hide the problems for a week.  That's all we saw.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I'd like to remind everyone who loved the game plan that we scored 19 points against a very bad team.  That gameplan isn't going to net consistent success.  If it was that simple, we would have won a lot more games last year with TB5.

Our biggest problem remains our OLine.  While they looked somewhat better run blocking, the fact remains we kicked four FG's.  We managed to hide the problems for a week.  That's all we saw.

God, you people are a broken record. You noticed that our O-line is a problem, good for you. We're not about to find 2 studs too take pressure off the guys blocking now. There is no way Sam Darnold leads this team to the promise land throwing the ball 35 times a game. Did y'all see the amount of sacks we gave up the last 4 games? We have to keep teams honest and protect the ball. Complain about the line call you want, but we're not winning anything with 3 turnovers a game and the backs getting less than 20 touches a game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Moving forward, what happens when teams put 8-9 in the box because we can't pass.  Why worry about the receivers when they have dropped more passes than an average team in a season?  There's a good chance that any deep or intermediate shot will be dropped or just missed.

While it was great to grind the Falcons down, that's not going to happen every Sunday.  Again, it's up to the coaches to figure out something that works.  They are going to have to do more in the passing game, more variety of routes and stuff or teams are going to run them for us...

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Jmac said:

CMC, Chuba, and Ameer. Throw in Royce for the beef. The Oline seems to be much better run blocking then pass protecting. Hopefully the coaching staff understands that to win with this team, its going to be run first. 

Brady needs to change his LSU ways. We don't have a Burrow nor the wideouts that they did. Design pass plays around the run. Take a shot downfield when it presents itself.

Winning formula with the players we can put on the field 

I gave a poop only because you disrespect our wide outs. 

8 hours ago, mav1234 said:

We do need the running game involved, even if Cmc isn't the one running the ball. Darnold isn't good enough to carry a passing attack and gets little help from his receivers.

Question will be if we can run effectively against the Bucs etc.

Well, if they can be enough effective to have the threat of running, that helps play action, and that helps a poor line and a shaky QB, buy a second or two and in today’s NFL, that second or two is huge 

• Beer 1