• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OBJ on waivers and the Panthers…

WarPanthers89

27 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watch the Rams sign him…wouldn’t surprise me

OBJ is overrated but not cuz he isn’t talented.  When he is dialed in he can be awesome but he is incredibly inconsistent for any number of reasons

Sometimes guys bounce around a bit before finding another place they can make an impact.  I don't know what happened between closed doors so it's hard to comment, but hopefully he lands some place he can catch on.

13 hours ago, mc52beast said:

How does getting OBJ fix the o-line and give our qb time to throw it to OBJ

It doesn’t give him more time to throw but it might give him somebody who is open quicker. Quick completions tire out a dline over time. A tired dline gives a QB more time to throw. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Varking said:

It doesn’t give him more time to throw but it might give him somebody who is open quicker. Quick completions tire out a dline over time. A tired dline gives a QB more time to throw. 

In the past OBJ also really, really helped his QBs out with how he'd attack balls in the air too. He hasn't really played enough recently for me to tell if he still has that ... He doesn't need to be how he was in his first few years to be an asset to someone.

But I don't think we can afford him.

• Pie 1

What I read was that they adjusted his contract at his request so he's due his full salary but becomes a free agent after this year. The idea behind that is that he's more likely to clear waivers and get to pick his destination, since not many teams are going to want to pay him that rate for a half season rental. Most of the teams with the available cap space are not angling for a playoff spot; we're one of the few exceptions which is why I think our name was thrown out in that article. I wouldn't want him mostly cause I think the negative locker room effect is likely to outweigh the on field benefits. Plus, as far as wr expenditures go, I'd rather roll the money forward to help pay for a DJ Moore extension

20 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

That makes two teams where OBJ stayed for as long as they could stand him. Broken teams and broken locker rooms behind him.

He can make some spectacular plays and put himself on all sorts of posters. That's what he's about. It's not for the team, the fans, history or anything else; he just wants to bask in his own light. And when that dims, it's always everyone else's fault.

Which team is desperate enough to knowingly take on a cancer?

A team like the bucs or another super bowl contender.