• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Brady will probably be made to fall on his sword, perhaps the o-line coach Pat Meyer.

It could be Rhule as well with Snow stepping in as head coach.

But if this is the end, they need to show Fitt the door, too. If he evaluates coaches as well as he evaluates deals and players, we're doomed long term.

Man that draft day thread was fun...i was criticized hard for questioning that draft  and showing concern even when we were 3-0. I definitely have never been full onboard with Fitt, rarely seen anybody kissing his ass the last couple weeks.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The offense is damn near unwatchable. If it was a rookie QB that I believed would be better it would be much more tolerable, but that’s not the case. If only we kept our picks and drafted Fields we could use round 1 and 2 on OL next year with a young promising rookie. The worst part is many people on here saw this coming…

Fields is a bust

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That was one of the reasons he was forced...oops, I mean willingly sold the team.  That, jeans Friday and making a supposed remark about a black scout's nose.

Oh yeah I understand that...

...but there seems to be some sort of implied premise that Tepper has created a hostile work environment?

10 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Fire people and replace after such a small sample size. 

He has had a year and a half as an OC and is producing bottom of the league numbers trending downwards. There are too many qualified people that could have this job vs keeping a young, inexperienced, failing person there. Again when multiple teams say they know the plays/routes  it’s a bad issue.

28 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Focus on what can change. Can’t change the owner. Also….gonna say the smartest guy in the room who makes calculated decisions for a living isn’t the issue. There is a difference in making the right decision and everything going wrong around it and making the wrong decision. 

I don’t believe hiring Rhule and Fitt were the wrong decisions. The evidence for that:

1. The defense is still really good. They need an O to stay on the field. 

2. ST is improving 

3. Gilmore was a good trade 

4. Horn was the right pick or at the very least one of the two right picks if you want to split hairs with Slater. Horn is a pro bowler as a rookie if he doesn’t get injured. 

5. Our entire 2020 draft was basically a Rhule draft. Lot of key contributors in that class 

The problem is the combo of Brady and Darnold and as far as I can tell Tepper has been the most outspoken voice in favor of trading for a legit veteran QB and not stockpiling draft picks and worrying about cap. He’s watching LA and seeing that in order to win you make moves. If there is anything that he’s pissed about it’s probably that his decision makers haven’t been aggressive enough. 

Being smart when it comes to  investments doesn't necessarily equal smart when it comes to running a football organization. Very different things. I haven't seen a whole lot of evidence that it's translating thusfar.

• Pie 1

Not upset at all on passing on Fields at 8. We shouldn't have traded down in the 2nd round. We passed on six tackles and 3 interior lineman (including the top center in the draft) before we picked up T Marshall Jr (WR) near the 60th pick in the draft and he hasn't made any significant impact this year. Any of the linemen would likely have had more impact on the offense this season. Drafting a LT that we considered a guard in the 3rd does't seem very wise in hindsight. 

Now that we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick for 2022 we literally don't have the draft capital to address the O-line in the off-season unless we luck out in free agency.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Man that draft day thread was fun...i was criticized hard for questioning that draft  and showing concern even when we were 3-0. I definitely have never been full onboard with Fitt, rarely seen anybody kissing his ass the last couple weeks.

Dude came from the Seahawks, an organization that hit magic a while back and has been falling apart ever since. He was big in their scouting program and they can't scout.

Apparently, for all of Tepper's success in the world, he's still a sucker who'll buy anything if the pitch is good (or he convinces himself he wants something).