• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

I think we just need to go ahead and pull the trigger on Watson. There just aren't any franchise level qbs coming out this year, and even if there were, our 4 or 5 wins will be enough to not be able to get the top prospect.

Trade 2 firsts and a player for Watson, spend the rest of the draft picks on oline and special teams depth players and be highly aggressive in free agency to aquire more olinmen and see what happens next year.

At least we know Watson is good, I don't trust our front office to evaluate qbs anymore. In fact, they should be fired for the teddy and darnold trades.

Why the hell would Watson want to come here?!?!?

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine if we fire Brady just to watch him go build a powerhouse at LSU or take another NFL OC job and have great success. It won't be at all surprising. I really don't think he's the problem. If you suck at OL and you suck at QB you're gonna suck on offense. You just can't scheme your way around massive deficiencies at both.

Yeah.  I think if you take a step back this makes a lot of sense. Perhaps too much sense to be posted on a message board.  Fix the line and either replace Darnold or bring in someone that can and eventually will take over.  

39 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Um…

It’s because of Tepper that they had to go out and find a new QB this offseason. Options 1-3 didn’t materialize. 

I realize facts aren’t well received on this board but good lord.

Please expound! I have been informed that Tepper was allowing the football guys to do their thing without interference. I was also informed that Tepper wanted Justin Fields, so do tell.

4 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

Whoever decided we should not just go into the season with Darnold as QB but have NO viable options to replace him with if poo went sour needs to be given a pink slip.

That would be the head coach.  Anyone who thinks the $65 million coach isn’t running the show would be drastically mistaken 

I believe he said ‘picked up the option to gave his QB security’ and that same reason. was given For not having a nfl quality backup …didn’t want Darnold looking over his shoulder 

darnold is a grown ass man. Any HC who thinks this, particularly for someone who has never produced, does not understand this is a business   It should have been a huge red flag 

just ‘coach em up’ Matt.  You chose him. Live with him 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Yup, like you said, the N.O. offense really ain't poo without an elite QB running it, and Sean Payton scheming/calling the plays.  Its just another set of X's and O's at that point.  And right now I'm not convinced that Joe Brady could scheme up a successful game plan against Independence High School's defense. 

The saints scored 25 points with Trevor Siemian at QB, they still have elite coaching. Brady is not a good coach without all pros at every position, Sean Payton can still score points with a dud at QB. 

Payton is 1000x the playcaller Brady is. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, unicar15 said:

You mean like Appaloosa capital and it’s annual holdings of $13 billion. I hear that organization was started by someone involved with the Panthers. 

You missed the point buddy. What I meant is burning something to the ground 2 years later. Everyone said process and not overnight. Right?