• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They don't have to play like Pro Bowlers, but they have to play like they belong in the NFL at minimum.

they do belong in the NFL.  They are a cast of backup offensive lineman.   

if all you had to do was hire a coach to make backups look like starters, people would spend all their time investing in OL coaches and not in the actual  OL. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Gipetto said:

I think cam gets a call. i just have this feeling that fitterer doesn't give a fug and knows this team needs a jolt. I know how this sounds but i just have that feeling. 

.. or i could just be high on hopeium

Yeah, your high…this won’t happen

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The “Tepper is the problem” takes are so bad. If you didn’t see on draft night that he’s a hands off owner when it comes to personnel then idk what more you need. This isn’t Dan Snyder or Jerry. He’s letting the football guys run the team and right now they’re sucking. 

My guess is Brady gets axed and Sean Ryan gets play calling responsibilities to try and salvage Darnold so that maybe he isn’t a lame duck asset in the off-season. 

I think people MAY be coming to the realization that if you’re calling an offense with Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and Edwards-Helaire you’re probably going to be pretty good in college. 

Who hired Rhule ?

Who gave Rhule full control, unchallenged control, of personnel ?

Who gave an unproven college coach a 7 year, $65 million contract that made him the 5th highest paid coach in the league ?

you can look at branches or you can look at root cause.  He is the root cause and once that is accepted fans then have to choose what they do about it on Sundays   From the looks of the stands and the stadium atmosphere, they’ve decided 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 4

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Fitterer basically made one bad call (Darnold) and everyone knew it was a low risk, high reward proposition. Thinking he can’t evaluate bc of that deal is foolish. 

The Gilmore trade could turn out to be a coup. The jury is still out on Henderson. He’s a second year player who’s playing behind a heck of a lot of talent in the secondary. If you think you’re getting more than that out of a 3rd round pick then you’re dreaming. 

This is a good post 

• Pie 7

16 minutes ago, Zod said:

From what time hear there is a ton of tension constantly in the building. Everyone, and I mean everyone employed is feeling it.

Tepper ain't happy. Pissed in fact. Something could happen this week.

What could happen that will make the team better at this juncture in the season? The problem is Darnold plain and simple. Second problem is Joe Brady and his juvenile play calling. Can’t readily go out and find better replacements for these guys midway through the season. 

Tepper should just put out a statement apologizing to the fans for the miserable season and vow to get it fixed this off-season. Knock the ticket prices down for Panthers fans. With all the tech we have these days there has to be a way to weed out the opposing teams fans.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Do they look like they are being coached?

Give the best QB coach in the NFL Jimmy Clausen.  He is still Jimmy Clausen.  

It's a talent driven league.  Even a talented OL groups are setup to fail in today's NFL.  There is no coaching up 4 guys who are backups all lined up beside each other that is going to make a really bad QB look good either. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine if we fire Brady just to watch him go build a powerhouse at LSU or take another NFL OC job and have great success. It won't be at all surprising. I really don't think he's the problem. If you suck at OL and you suck at QB you're gonna suck on offense. You just can't scheme your way around massive deficiencies at both.

His situational play calling is pretty suspect, though...

• Beer 4

11 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The “Tepper is the problem” takes are so bad. If you didn’t see on draft night that he’s a hands off owner when it comes to personnel then idk what more you need. This isn’t Dan Snyder or Jerry. He’s letting the football guys run the team and right now they’re sucking. 

My guess is Brady gets axed and Sean Ryan gets play calling responsibilities to try and salvage Darnold so that maybe he isn’t a lame duck asset in the off-season. 

I think people MAY be coming to the realization that if you’re calling an offense with Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and Edwards-Helaire you’re probably going to be pretty good in college. 

Agreed. Fans are just pissed and are looking for heads to fall. The worst takes are the “wE ShOuld fOrcE Tepper to SELL!!!”

My expectations for this season was .500 max honestly. The offensive play calling / execution has been the worst since the Lame duck Fox year. But it has NOT been worse. Not sure any team in history were as bad as that team offensively.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, La Pantera said:

this is true.  But, but he was a rookie OC.  Not just the NFL but as a playcaller.  Should of been accepted he would have to learn situational stuff and gameflow stuff as time went on.  Saw last year that his overall system is pretty good if he has even basic QB play. 

1 minute ago, La Pantera said:

Exactly what would you like him to do differently? Teams are stacking the box against the run and the short pass logic says to threaten down the field. The problem with that is that when Darnold throws down the field he tends to throw to the wrong team.