• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So about Jaycee Horn… any official updates?

TheBigKat

Cue the condo jokes but have there been any medical updates on him?

The Panthers played a different D with him in the game as Snow blitzed way more

Defenses are known to travel in January and having him back with Gilmore/Jackson is a 1-2-3 lockdown

IIRC he’s able to return this year possibly?

85E207E3-29F3-44F3-9E8D-7781E1CF8A12.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Dear Panthers -

Do not rush this man back.  I want him right for the next four years, instead of four games at the end of this season.  He looks like the real deal, and we could definitely use some of that.

This.

We have ample options at CB. Sit back, learn from Gilmore, Bouye and D. Jack(the vets) and see you in 2022, Mr. Horn.

Zero reason to rush this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, saX man said:

Could see him on the field for the last 3-4 games and maybe a playoff game.

The team “hoped” he could be back for a potential playoff game.

I don’t see a scenario in which he plays a regular season snap.  Unless it’s the last week and it’s garbage time just to get on the field.

4 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I think us bringing in Gilmore was the signal that Horn is done this season. Good. Let him be 100% before returning with minimal pressure.

Plus the depth at corner allows us to trade for pieces we'll need next season

IDK if we should trade anyone or not. Our tradeable assets are Horn, Henderson, Taylor and Bouye. But all those guys are on cheap deals. I think the real question is what do you do with Gilmore and D. Jackson? Sign one? Sign both?

Ideally, Gilmore takes a hometown discount and we get D. Jack back on a reasonable deal(3-4 years with little guaranteed money in the last year). 

Part of what has made our defense so dominant is the plethora of above average to elite CB's.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK if we should trade anyone or not. Our tradeable assets are Horn, Henderson, Taylor and Bouye. But all those guys are on cheap deals. I think the real question is what do you do with Gilmore and D. Jackson? Sign one? Sign both?

Ideally, Gilmore takes a hometown discount and we get D. Jack back on a reasonable deal(3-4 years with little guaranteed money in the last year). 

Part of what has made our defense so dominant is the plethora of above average to elite CB's.

Lets not get cute. Pay them what they are worth. You need CB's in this league and you need a lot of them. 

We are in a good cap situation right now and these are the right guys to spend money on. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Lets not get cute. Pay them what they are worth. You need CB's in this league and you need a lot of them. 

We are in a good cap situation right now and these are the right guys to spend money on. 

That's my thought. Don't break the bank on anyone but if you can get them back on a fair deal, absolutely keep them.

Imagine having Horn, Gilmore and DJack for 2-3 years? 

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I never thought I’d say this but if you had to choose between the two you take Gilmore even tho djax is much younger. We just have so many talented corners that it makes up for the loss of djax and having Gilmore as the steady vet. who btw is playing lights out like maybe the best player on our team. He is erasing whoever he is up against. 

I think Taylor is going to be a player for us. He’s shown shutdown traits just needs more playing time and experience. And hopefully cj comes along nicely as well. He played well yesterday.

God we have some tough decisions at CB and I hate to lose any of them at all. They all have value in some similar and some different ways. Gilmore still seems to have it and Jackson has been wonderful this year as well as a good leader. He has grown by leaps and bounds but unfortunately something tells me Jackson gets a HUGE deal and leaves us behind. I believe Jackson continues to play well and will really help another team in the future but unfortunately I don't think it will be us. He will be sorely missed.