• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start PJ and Use Cam in goal line packages like you did aginst the Cardinals

Hayden Panettiere

1 hour ago, Hayden Panettiere said:

Sam Darnold proved he can manage the game and gets us down the field so just keep doing it no reason to change the plan.

Sam Darnold looked like a legit NFL starter for 3 games, once teams get film on you, it's over.

There was zero film on P.J. except a bunch of bad stuff in 2020 where the defense carried him and in 2021 where he played awful when he got a chance after Darnold was benched.

We are one of the WORST red zone teams in the NFL until Cam got here, where his abilities in the red zone got us TDs.

Cam Newton gives us the BEST CHANCE to win. Keep in mind, this Washington team just beat TOM BRADY by 10 last week, you really think they won't find ways to get P.J. Walker this week from the film? P.J. threw an interception and if I remember correctly, had 1-2 dropped. 

Kyle Allen had this team 5-3 in 2019, that stopped real quick didn't it?

Don't screw around with backups, get the run game going and put it through the air when you need to.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

lol, some of y’all breakin’ out in hives at the thought of Cam starting again…

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Some fans seem to want him on the field as little as possible... He gives us the best chance to move the ball and score, imo. I get he will only have a week of practice but I just think what he offers is so much more than PJ, it's worth it, especially given we are turning into a run first team.

the backup qb is always the most popular player on any nfl team

I think people on the board have their minds cloudy from how much they hate darnold.

PJ is not good, he's serviceable and that's it. Thank god we got 2 short fields and a short yardage package with Cam because our offense was entirely vanilla with no aggressive play calls out of fear he wouldn't be able to do it. I mean hell, McCaffrey had 10+ catches, that tells you the game plan and how little the coaches trust PJ to execute 

24 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Said it in another thread, I'll say it here.

You have to ask yourself two questions:  Is there anything PJ can do that Cam cannot? . . . . Is there anything PJ does better than Cam?  If you answer no to both those questions you start Cam and don't look back.

Today? Yes.  PJ presently has a significantly better understanding of the playbook…..and therefore can run more plays than Cam.  Plays that barely involve him too.  And he has the ability to communicate to everyone on the field and audible at the line.  Which he did often last Sunday. 

Cam has been here 5 days.  

No one is happier to have Cam back than me.   I’m also don’t want Rhule to screw Cam over.  Again, it’s 5 days.   The OL still sucks.  And you need a lot of the playbook to get around the fact the OL sucks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TF330 said:

I think people on the board have their minds cloudy from how much they hate darnold.

PJ is not good, he's serviceable and that's it. Thank god we got 2 short fields and a short yardage package with Cam because our offense was entirely vanilla with no aggressive play calls out of fear he wouldn't be able to do it. I mean hell, McCaffrey had 10+ catches, that tells you the game plan and how little the coaches trust PJ to execute 

Cmac should have 10 plus catches every game. 

He's our best player. 

7 minutes ago, TF330 said:

I mean it was 17-0 after a quarter of play.   It was a shutout at the half.   The game dictated pretty early how that game should be called. 

part of the reason CMC had a good game is PJ allowed them to run more of the playbook than if you put Cam out there all game. 

it continues to not actually be about PJ when PJ’s name comes up as needing work right now.  You would give him snaps so more could be done.  That means so other plays can do more too.  Like CMC.  

You start Cam.  Cam likely isn’t ready for 4 quarters yet.  And that is okay.   And if it wasn’t Ron, I’d throw him out there with a small package for 4 quarters.  

2 hours ago, CLG said:

And I still thought he easily looked better than Darnold. That’s when I realized what I’d forcefully gotten used to seeing at QB 

I said the same sh*t. PJ was extremely pedestrian, yet watching, it felt like he and the offense, were balling out. Damn, Sam was epically bad for pretty much a qtr of the season.

• Flames 1