• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start PJ and Use Cam in goal line packages like you did aginst the Cardinals

Hayden Panettiere

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Today? Yes.  PJ presently has a significantly better understanding of the playbook…..and therefore can run more plays than Cam.  Plays that barely involve him too.  And he has the ability to communicate to everyone on the field and audible at the line.  Which he did often last Sunday. 

Cam has been here 5 days.  

No one is happier to have Cam back than me.   I’m also don’t want Rhule to screw Cam over.  Again, it’s 5 days.   The OL still sucks.  And you need a lot of the playbook to get around the fact the OL sucks.

I say Cam should get every snap inside the 30 and probably 35 to 40 percent of total snaps. 

I still like my idea of a goaline play with

PJ at QB

Cam at RB

Cmac in slot off the left hash moving right.

That's a whole lot for a D to try and stop

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cmac should have 10 plus catches every game. 

He's our best player. 

I agree but that's not the point of my post. He was forced into short throws due to his inability to make accurate reads and good decisions. 

3-14 for 33 yards against the giants. 

22-29 against the cards which is great, and I don't have the stats here to support, but I bet 90%+ of those were short dumpoffs and RB screens.

People want PJ to play because of his knowledge of the playbook, but if he knows it so well and yet our offense is limited when he's in, then whats the point? play cam 

Edited by TF330

1 minute ago, TF330 said:

I agree but that's not the point of my post. He was forced into short throws due to his inability to make accurate reads and good decisions. 

3-14 for 33 yards against the giants. 

22-29 against the cards which is great, and I don't have the stats here to support, but 95% of those were short dumpoffs and RB screens.

People want PJ to play because of his knowledge of the playbook, but if he knows it so well and yet our offense is limited when he's in, then whats the point? play cam 

I also think it's a valid point besides playbook that Cam isn’t in playing shape yet 

We are at a point where we are going to desperately need him down the stretch and I don't want to push his body too hard too soon.

Washington is beat up. They are missing tons of people. We shouldn't need too much from Cam to win.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

start Cam

use PJ between the 20s after the opening drive. 

Hopefully, Cam gets up to speed quickly and takes full ownership of the QB position.  However, I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect him to be able to do that in little more than a week. 

Until the Panthers are ready to hand the offensive keys over to Cam, I don't see a problem with a mix of Cam and PJ.  Situational football, utilizing each QB for their strengths during this transitional period. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, PJ manage the game when the D and Cam spot him 14 points and the opponent is relegated to playing their 3rd string QB.

Cam scored twice from the 1 yard line.  Yes he is a great red zone threat but dont act like hes who got us there.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm not arguing that he doesn't offer so much more, only that he's only had a week to practice.  I just want to make sure he's comfortable out there.

That is fair, but I'm not too concerned with that because our option is a backup that is very conservative with the ball and honestly doesn't seem to be trying difficult throws anyway, or our future starter with a bit over a week of practice. I get that isn't a great set of options, but I think that it is also bad to put your backup onto the field without giving him many first team snaps, if you know he's gonna play... yet every snap PJ gets with the first team is one Cam can't get... a bit of a tough situation.

8 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

They said Cam knew 15 plays after only 3 days.  By Sunday he should be able to learn another 30 for 45 total.  That's enough for most of a game.

Let him play and hopefully we run the score up a bit and PJ plays 4th quarter garbage time.

45 plays isn't very much. Not enough for a game  

There are hundreds of plays in a playbook.

Jon Gruden had a playbook thicker than the Los Angeles Yellow Pages — remember those? — so I asked him your question. He said that while there are hundreds of plays in a typical playbook, most teams select between 75 and 100 pass plays for a game, and 15-20 running plays when assembling a game plan for a given week.

47 minutes ago, TF330 said:

22-29 against the cards which is great, and I don't have the stats here to support, but I bet 90%+ of those were short dumpoffs and RB screens.

PJ had one pass further than 10 yards in the air.  It was intercepted.

Staff tried to push the narrative that it was because the game dictated.  I don't think I buy that.  At the very least, you take some shots instead of showing your next opponents that you can't.  Sure maybe they're all sideline shots so they are either incomplete or out of bounds.  But you don't keep it all inside 10 yards unless something is very wrong.

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

PJ had one pass further than 10 yards in the air.  It was intercepted.

Staff tried to push the narrative that it was because the game dictated.  I don't think I buy that.  At the very least, you take some shots instead of showing your next opponents that you can't.  Sure maybe they're all sideline shots so they are either incomplete or out of bounds.  But you don't keep it all inside 10 yards unless something is very wrong.

The 2 pointer was more than 10 yds.

Cam had one throw over 10 yds and it was underthrown. 

Correction the 2pt was probably 9 yds.

My bad.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Poo 1