• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Optimism and triumph

Glad your brother is doing better!

You don't have to apologize about your optimism. Even when I'm pessimistic about a move trust and believe I'll be happy if I'm wrong. I'd rather be wrong and it work out in the Panthers' favor than right and watching the Panthers struggle. I prefer my crow served with a side of Lombardi Trophy.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

Good to hear your brother is on the mend sir!

LG already said it all. I am so happy about the Sam incident being shelved through the rest of the season so we can soak up what is going down in Panther town. This last weekend was such a turn from the week before that I still don't have the words to express my optimism of the new direction, it's very hard for me to not be pessimistic even if I am optimistic about it.

I am right there with you on the Sam trade being better than a Watson trade, or even the Lance trade the 49ers made (he was my #1 wish from the offseason). 

I'm a pessimist, sometimes I do need to STFU and let others have their space. I wish I was wrong about Sam and he could mentally do what his body can physically do, I just couldn't believe that. Hell, I was a raging ass when we traded for him, no excusing that sir. 

Do you, have fun and if you need to throw some poo at me it's cool with me. I know I need it sometimes. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I also thought that Darnold could be salvaged. I was wrong. I don't think he has the quick decision making required by an NFL QB. I didn't like them releasing Cam, but I sort of understood based on his health the two years prior. But, I'm glad he's back and was ecstatic watching him play last week. I haven't felt that good watching an NFL game, since he left. He's Back!!!! I hope Cam balls out and can give us a couple more years to find a good prospect. Who knows what can happen if we get in!  I'm glad your brother is doing better! Keep pounding!

• Beer 2

I knew darnold would never be great but I did think he could be a game manager and with our defense I was optimistic he could get us somewhere special just by staying out of our way. I was wrong about that and he couldn't help himself, led the league in interceptions and blew his opportunity. Oh well he had his shot

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

Darnold is psychologically damaged, it was Rhule’s ego that misled him to believe he could salvage him

Believing that a kid can turn it around is not an ego move. Mentorship and people development should never be considered egostistical. Rhule (like many others) thought he could coach Darnold to be better. They looked at the Jets situation and hoped that it was poor management and lack of player development. Sam is just too far gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

To be honest though Sam didn’t even look that great the first 3 games. I think a lot of it had to do with CMC, coddled play calling, and him being very comfortable with the plays scripted throughout camp.

Once the adjustments and roster adversity came in he couldn’t handle it anymore.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

At the end of the day(from the Darnold Doubt contingent) all of us wanted to be proven wrong because it makes the Panthers better. If he works out, we get a massive steal. But, the signs were obvious and, unfortunately, they proved to be what they appeared. 

It is what it is. I am elated to see Cam back and although I doubt he is our long term answer, it sure is nice to have him back in the building and back on the team. I think for the real Panthers fans, it was something we needed to see some closure with him. 

Even if last game was the peak, that was somehow enough for me.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1