• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam will be an excellent player

TLGPanthersFan

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s challenging reading posts where posters still think Sam can be something he’s very obviously not and still make excuses after excuses for his very shitty play after 4 years in the league. At some point people need to just accept that he sucks and move on. 

Just as it's challenging to read posts like yours where ya think ya know everything like ya read it from a book, and it's a done deal. 

I will never make excuses for Sam, or anybody. Just like I'm not going to analyze any QB when it's not the only issues on the offense. 

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I doubt we see Sam take a snap for us ever again. Coaches can’t throw players under the bus no matter how much they suck. Sam will be put out to pasture or be humanely euthanized.

^This^. 

Does anyone expect Rhule to come and say:

" Sam?...starting?..ever?..hell no! You may see him taking tickets on gameday, or perhaps working the snack bar on the 500 level...but suiting up...hell no"!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Rhule has learned from the fiasco with Bridgewater. He isn't going to say anything negative about Sam right now because what purpose would it serve? But in the span of a week you can see the difference in demeanor and tone of the players after the change at the qb position. If someone still needs the plainly obvious about this situation pointed out to them they are beyond help.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The Darnold experiment is as much of an indictment on Rhule as it Sam. I'm not too concerned about the lip service Rhule speaks about the matter. Darnold seems like a good hard working young man, not starting material in NFL though.

I'm sure Rhule values job security so in that sense I think we've seen the last of Darnold. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Never know with Rhule. Remember how he talked Cam up right before we didnt resign him. But as others have said since Darnold will likely be here next year given he is guaranteed 18 million, why would he say anything negative. If Cam struggles or gets hurt this year it isnt out of the realm of possibility Darnold has to come in and play this year. Not my desire for sure but it is way too early to decide how things will play out. Who thought Cam would be here a few weeks ago??

• Pie 2

Not the sharpest fan base.  Fans yes, but football knowledge?

Millions of threads over the last few years, and rightly so, about how the Oline could not protect Cam.

Now, it does not matter when it is Sam.

Millions of threads about no weapons for Cam, and rightly so.

Now, if the weapons don't perform, it does not matter because its Sam.

Sam might have a good arm, but makes bad decisions.  Whether due to seeing ghosts or because his shoulder was broken, but maybe Cam can inspire the Oline more to block for him and the WR's will catch passes like they did early in the season.

Wishing for the best for the Panthers on Sunday, but this place will be a mess the Oline does not protect Cam.  The thread titles will be epic.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Gonna remember this post in the future. 

He’ll just invent some new line of circular reasoning as to why the Panthers actually made the most ideal possible decision and every single player is the greatest

i can see it now

”sam darnold is one of the leagues best QBs. The Panthers know this, but they also know that a rookie QB is cheaper. Both players are amazing, but they picked one, because. that. Is. what. excellent. teams. do. it’s that simple. can’t believe you stupid posters who I’m too cowardly to name because then it will invite logical counters don’t see it.”

edit: it’s like reading one of those AI thought bots that don’t have any original thoughts but simply draw from the pool of information available on a specific topic. His topic is Panthers post game pressers where he simply parrots all the generic isms players and coaches vomit out as if they actually mean what they say.

Edited by Growl
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I will never make excuses for Sam, or anybody. Just like I'm not going to analyze any QB when it's not the only issues on the offense. 

He has thrown 10 interceptions in the last 6 games. Irregardless of other issues on the offense, that is not starter quality. No one has a perfect situation in this league. Stafford is a great example of a QB in a dumpster fire situation which didn't translate into him making constant poor decisions. Matt Ryan is another example for many years of his time in Atlanta.

Sam Darnold is a bad QB. If you need a perfect situation for the QB to look average, the QB is mediocre at best.

Feel free to keep your head in the sand though, idc.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Rhule believes he can develop Sam. I believe him. Until CMC went down, and the oline failed to protect him, he was showing confidence, and improvement. 

I don't blame Sam for the regression. The line couldn't protect him, and receivers were dropping passes. 

Just like Rhule hasn't given up on his development, neither should you. 

Delhomme was how old when he became a competent NFL starter? 

I'm not claiming Sam is the answer. Just saying the team and the coaches have an investment in him, and are going to develop him as much as they can to get a return on their investment.

Lol. Sam would make an alright backup. Nothing more

19 minutes ago, stirs said:

Not the sharpest fan base.  Fans yes, but football knowledge?

Millions of threads over the last few years, and rightly so, about how the Oline could not protect Cam.

Now, it does not matter when it is Sam.

Millions of threads about no weapons for Cam, and rightly so.

Now, if the weapons don't perform, it does not matter because its Sam.

Sam might have a good arm, but makes bad decisions.  Whether due to seeing ghosts or because his shoulder was broken, but maybe Cam can inspire the Oline more to block for him and the WR's will catch passes like they did early in the season.

Wishing for the best for the Panthers on Sunday, but this place will be a mess the Oline does not protect Cam.  The thread titles will be epic.

If the offensive line is so horrid as you guys make it out to be, wouldn't it have been on full display last game with Sam's backup PJ Walker taking the snaps. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3