• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Rhule gets fired, who are your favorite coaching candidates for next year?

Verge

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'd like to see what Leftwich can do without the GOAT QB before he gets an HC gig. 2019 with Winston wasn't a good year for Bucs.  But that was with Winston, so who knows how good Leftwich can truly be.

You have a very good point there, but that year Winston did throw for a crapton of TDs to go with a crapton of INTs. And something tells me that Tom Brady tells you how to coach him, yanno? Can learn a lot from that. Crazy to think Leftwich probably played against Brady in what was thought to be both of their heydays. Tom's seems to still be heying the days.

• Pie 3

Byron Leftwich, the slight Steelers connection. His cohesiveness with Tom Brady. And also not to be that guy but it would be nice to have a black head coach for once. If not him I could see the Steelers moving on from Tomlin and I feel Tepper would be on that in a heartbeat. I know some will poo this or ask why it has to be about race but idk man sometimes its nice to see people that resemble the majority of the team take direction from them and get a chance to win one.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I was always a big Jim Harbaugh fan when he coached the Niners. Not sure if he would leave Michigan or not, but he was a solid NFL coach. 

My big worry with Harbaugh is that I'm not sure you can maintain his style of coaching at the professional level for very long.

On the flipside, the things I've read about how he teaches and connects with today's players have made me a big fan of Nathaniel Hackett.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

My big worry with Harbaugh is that I'm not sure you can maintain his style of coaching at the professional level for very long.

On the flipside, the things I've read about how he teaches and connects with today's players have made me a big fan of Nathaniel Hackett.

Love me some former Panthers and Jim Harbuagh was here if only for a short stint. 

He's doing very well at Michigan though. I really think he deserves another shot in the NFL.

12 hours ago, methodtoll said:

Some under-the-radar names to mention:

Dave Toub (ST Coord, Chiefs)- The man has been around the league for a long time and really could be a good hire. I could definitely see him in a John Harbaugh type role since he has no real ties to offense or defense... Just bring in the right names for coordinators.

This is the guy I want. He has been an AHC in KC for a few years now, could TRY (i know it's unlikely) poaching away Bienemy to be our OC for a season or so by giving him a chance to audition for a HC spot (assuming he gets snubbed again) and call plays along with AHC which he does not have in KC. If he doesn't wanna come then I'm sure having been around so long he has connections being an experienced coach. Our special teams would near immediately become one of the top units in the league based on his past and he could let his coords do the work on the offensive and defensive side of the ball if he hires the right guys. Him followed by Eberflus are the two candidates that intrigue me the most.

Edited by beo