• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you see what the Patriots did last night...

Catsfan69

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

That might have been one of the best displays of football I have seen in years.

Mac Jones only attempted 3 passes.

Just complete domination by the Patriots.

When will it be our turn to have a line that can just impose it's will on the enemy? Where you know it's coming but you can't stop it.

Man that was great to watch.

It was complete domination? Explain this, b/c the game was close and if McDermott wasn't such a fuging retard, he would have went for two and went for it on fourth down instead of kicking. He got outcoached last night. Bills line also looks like ours.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If you want an oline like that maybe stop encouraging our braintrust to trade away picks like candy just to be known as a cool wheeler and dealer.

you should also consider drafting promising O-LINE talent vs. 100% defense (and the defense still sucks by the way). But that would suggest the FO knows how to evaluate OLINE talent. 

Face it folks. Our ship is rudderless!!

Abandon Ship GIF

• Pie 1

The Patriots have a great OL but due to the horrible weather for MNF they ran another Tackle as the TE plus a FB and a 225 lb back.   So it was a jumbo package all game.

The Panthers could definitely copy that on short yardage plays.   Use Deonte Brown as the 6th OL with a FB and that big RB from the practice squad.

Savvy coaching staffs figure out creative ways to utilize the players they already have.   Unlike the Panthers.

Edited by BlitzMonster

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Maybe we should be trying to build a team like the Patriots instead of garbage Steelers. jS

That's why I made a thread. Stop worrying about building some sort of pass happy offense and just build a good ol power team.

We should be emulating those POS in Boston 

• Pie 1

LT Wynn 1st round (23)

LG Karras 6th round (221)

RG Mason 4th round (131)

RT Brown 7th round (244) by SF

C David Andrews undrafted

They really have not invested a ton in their OL outside of Wynn. We have Moton (2nd rounder), BC (3rd), and Brown (5th or 6th can’t remember). Grabbing up these later round OL has been paying dividends for them. They were even able to let Solder leave in FA a few years ago. If we could sign a good FA and load up (even at the end of the draft) this line can be repaired with the right scouting/development.

Jones hasn't looked horrible as a rookie. A rookie, guys. With Bill, their philosophy, their recent history, etc., if this kid can improve (as other elite QBs did in their early years), looks like nothing is going to change in the NFL lol. Hate them all you want, but I'm glad I got to witness the dynasty in person instead of reading about "that great team" on Wiki.

As I posted in another thread…

I am jealous of other teams olines that make this poo possible

Their beast guard btw was taken in the 5th round the year Rhule outsmarted the entire NFL and defied it’s history by going all defense…

who did he take instead?

you guessed it - some CB I don’t even remember his name, probably not even on the team anymore

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did anyone actually watch the game? This was a game plan of necessity. It was bitter cold with 30-50mph winds. Not exactly conducive to airing it out.

Did u know like everyone watching and the Bills out on the field that Patriots were going to run the ball every down no matter what? Guess what they still couldn’t stop it!

• Pie 2