• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's Next HC: Get a Search Committee

saX man

I dreamt a dream that we lost to the Falcons.  And we could only muster 9 points...we may be getting out of this Rhule fiasco sooner than later.  But with that in mind, consider:

Tepper marches at the beat of his own drum and it's hard to really make happen as a fan, but I really hope this experiment has shown him that he needs football opps guys to help in our next HC search.  Much like JR did with Gettleman.  

Looking back, I can imagine Rhule was a grand vision guy, great first impression/interview type and much of what we're seeing could have been dug into at the beginning of the search. I'm feeling some questions weren't asked because Tepper was so blown away and bought into the hype (or if they were, he had a very shmoozy answers):

"How will you compensate for having such limited NFL experience?"

"What will be your offensive and defensive philosophies?"

"Do you have player types and a vision in mind for the type of team you would like to build?" 

My biggest thing when looking at those intro pressers and Tepper interviews was that he was wow'd in the now.  I really am unsure if he actually dug into the candidates.  For all we know, he was basically looking at like McCarthy & Rhule.  Both being pretty yuckersauce and went with the trendy pick out of left field.  This was also likely accompanied with being his first HC search as a giddy new owner.  Yes, he's a shrewd businessmen but he's also getting his feet wet as an owner.  There's always something to learn.

I just really hope DT puts together a few football minds that can dig deep & ask pressing questions during our next search.  I'd want to make sure they have the knack for coaching at this level, could tell me how they would take down the Bucs or Chiefs.  How they can counter a good gameplan.  

If we're talking names like Hackett, Eberflus, Dabboll, Pederson, etc., we need to make sure they can actually cut the mustard to this degree beyond the paper resumes and whatnot.  It's easy to list these hot names and their resumes, but getting a few guys to help gauge who has the head coaching gene beyond coordinator life will be critical.  

Here's to hoping.  Get a search committee.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

I feel Fitters is up to the job. Hurney holdover Rhule is just another disaster in a line of disasters. This is why you don't give college coaches this much control. 

Hurney handled money, but Rhule was completely Tepper's decision. Thus why this post exists, b/c he fuged up the first time.

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Absurd 🤦‍♂️

If you're saying the concept is absurd, the fact that such a topic of discussion is even a thing after only 2 years after Tepper got 'his guy', let alone the rest of the messes that have followed, means it's not.

If that's not what's absurd then please expand.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

If you're saying the concept is absurd, the fact that such a topic of discussion is even a thing after only 2 years after Tepper got 'his guy', let alone the rest of the messes that have followed, means it's not.

If that's not what's absurd then please expand.

Makes no sense, please rephrase.  

I just keep remembering Tepper during Rhules intro presser when he got hired. He kept saying Hurney was adamant they gotta here Rhule. That they couldn’t leave Rhules house or wherever they were, without hiring him. That was Tepperes mistake, trusting Hurney on this hire. Tepper needs to listen to smarter football ppl next time if he wants to get this right. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

I don't trust anyone in house at this time to be qualified to make a competent decisions.

Tepper knows very little about how the NFL works outside of the finances. Most of the front office people are Hurney hires, enough said, keep them away. Frtitts is a Rhule quality GM, we could do better anyways and there is nothing I have seen in his resume to feel good about what he would look for in a HC. That's how we get a worse Rhule.  

Tepper needs to bring in a short term answer over everyone regardless of the specifics of movement. This place is infested with incompetence now and he doesn't know how to fix it.

If we want a shot at a real coach and not another Rhule, Gase or Kelly then we need to bring someone skilled and experienced in, hopefully more good than bad experience.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1