• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross talks arm length (Rhule is full of poo)

Zod

11 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Rhule dumb as fug. Remember when we tried playing Kuechly as WLB for his first couple of games? Then the staff said nah he's a MLB for sure and moved him? Rhule would have left him to be WLB because he's dumber than rocks. 0 IQ coach.

Rhule and Brady would be trying to pass on this Steelers team that's letting Dalvin Cook run for 13 yards every time he touches the ball.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, KSpan said:

They moved Kuechly to MLB because Beason got hurt; Beason being healthy is the whole reason they had Luke at WLB in the first place, as they thought that was the best way to get as much talent on the field as possible. They did the same type of thing with Beason in 2010, putting him at WLB, and then again in 2013 before just trading him... he was not a good MLB.

Not really disagreeing with your point here though regarding their personnel decisions (e.g. moving Chinn to safety), just think it's a different situation. That Beason/Kuechly situation though does highlight that guys can truly be suited for a single position and that the 'versatility' approach may not be that great.

Yeah its been a while, thought Beason was traded in 2012 not 2013. Still though Rhule prolly woulda put some joe nobody at MLB and kept Luke at WLB lol

• Beer 2

Side bar but Beason was a 3x Pro Bowler and 1st and 2nd team All Pro playing mostly Mike for the Panthers.  I remember they briefly moved him to WLB in 2010 because of Thomas Davis being injured and tried it again in 2013 with the emergence of Kuechly as a dominant MLB.  It was basically between him and Patrick Willis (even though Willis played in a different defense) for a few years.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Another year can't fix incompetence and that is what we are looking at.

Hey I agree, I’m just telling everyone it’s being reported by a bunch of high up media guys Rhule is going nowhere. It sucks but we will have to put up with him for at least one more year might as well get use to it. Tepper isn’t going to give up yet, another wrong choice but he’s rich why does he care. He got his soccer team that’s all he wanted anyway. We got a soccer owner, not an nfl owner. Thanks to all the nfl owners that voted him to buy the team, we appreciate giving us trash!

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Your arms are at their weakest fully extended anyway. 

Besides, arms a yard long won't help if you have feet of cinderblocks and no ability to out think the pass rusher. Please see Daley, et al. 

And technique is king above all -- and that's where coaches come in. 

Oh yeah, coaching. 

Best reply!  A lineman must use his whole body.  Feet are more important, in my opinion, than arm length.  To put it another way, 'it's not the size of the apendage that matters but how you use it'.

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Best reply!  A lineman must use his whole body.  Feet are more important, in my opinion, than arm length.  To put it another way, 'it's not the size of the apendage that matters but how you use it'.

Or, as (I believe it was Billie Holiday who sang it), "it's not the meat, it's the motion."

• Pie 2

On 12/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, Khyber53 said:

Your arms are at their weakest fully extended anyway. 

Besides, arms a yard long won't help if you have feet of cinderblocks and no ability to out think the pass rusher. Please see Daley, et al. 

And technique is king above all -- and that's where coaches come in. 

Oh yeah, coaching. 

Just came here to post this.  Shorter arms also tend to come with more power because of the shorter lever and proximity to the body.  But what do we know?

• Pie 1

Rhule doesn't seem to have any idea about player development.

To get better, Christensen has to get reps in live games.  He has to play !  And what better situation for him than in the last few games of a lost season.  He can make mistakes and it won't matter.

The experience Christensen gains now will be a big part of his first off-season as a pro.  That's one of the most important times for a player to improve his game.  

Player development for the entire 2021 draft class has been fairly lackluster.  I've got to put that on Rhule.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 1

22 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Really? I've said Rhule would get at least 3 years, if not 4 before being fired. But if that is the case, show that clown and his staff the door tonight. It's inexcusable for the players to not know what the coaches want from them or why they feel the player would be better at position x instead of position y.

image.thumb.jpeg.05afd29973035dd606f9176fba9024ca.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f919eec6a5fec7a70549eede449d5d7.jpeg