• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attended my first Panthers game in 4 years

Ja  Rhule

So Charlotte is nice but has its problems. There are by far worse cities, and a few better ones. People from Charlotte have a bit of an ego when it comes to their city.  

Bad things about Charlotte.

1) Its a pain in the ass the get too if you live on the outskirts of town.

2) There is no middle class in uptown. Its either rich or homeless.

3) Lacks a clear arts district.

Nice things about Charlotte.

1) Has nice modernism with a lot of parks 

2) Hot girls

3) Very walkable.

Its more pristine then Raleigh, but Raleigh has a better working class and I always find someone to have a good conversation with in Raleigh. Overall I think the people in Raleigh are nicer.  Raleigh's downtown is no where near as classy as Charlotte architecturally speaking but Raleigh has a vibe that is more endearing and less intimidating to be a part of.  In a way its easier to be social there. Homelessness is bad both places.

Overall I like both places and could live in either one. In the Carolinas though there are places that are just as liveable. Loved living in Asheville. Greenville SC is an underrated city.  I live in Charleston which can both feel like paradise and hell at the same time.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, usmcpanthers said:

Been to dozens of games across two decades...this was the most quiet I'd ever heard the stadium. I didn't help, laughed at hypeman...I was saying your waisting your time man 

Same experience here.  That was as quiet as I heard the place since the game I went to during the Pickles year when I had an entire section to myself.  This game was decently attended, but apathy had obviously settled in - everyone was heading for the exits at the 10 minute mark.

15 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

The worst fan atmosphere I have ever experienced.  No one cared.  Tepper has destroyed this fanbase.  People did not stand up to make noise on 3rd downs.  The Panthers have lost their identity.  No keep pounding chant  beside beginning of the game.  Awful experience.

How bad were the boos when they trotted PJ out there? I heard them the second time on the broadcast. 

Charlotte is stuck in no man's land IMO. Big enough to have the problems of a major city but not big enough and/or lacking on regional prominence to be the draw of a major city. Charlotte isn't much smaller than Denver for instance but Denver is by far the most prominent city for nearly 1000 miles in any direction. Charlotte has just always felt like it's trying to be Atlanta and that's kinda confirmed by how hoppin' mad Charlotteans get when that is mentioned. Of all the major cities to emulate, I have no clue why you'd choose Atlanta. fug the local proximity. Atlanta should be used as an example of what to try NOT to become.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Charlotte is stuck in no man's land IMO. Big enough to have the problems of a major city but not big enough and/or lacking on regional prominence to be the draw of a major city. Charlotte isn't much smaller than Denver for instance but Denver is by far the most prominent city for nearly 1000 miles in any direction. Charlotte has just always felt like it's trying to be Atlanta and that's kinda confirmed by how hoppin' mad Charlotteans get when that is mentioned. Of all the major cities to emulate, I have no clue why you'd choose Atlanta. fug the local proximity. Atlanta should be used as an example of what to try NOT to become.

Charlotte has almost 200k more residents than Denver....

36 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Charlotte has almost 200k more residents than Denver....

The opposite is true of the overall metro areas which is what I'm talking about when I talk about a "city". Denver is a small geographical city surrounded by massive suburbs. The second largest city in Colorado is a Denver suburb. Geographically, the city of Charlotte is twice the size of the city of Denver.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The opposite is true of the overall metro areas which is what I'm talking about when I talk about a "city". Denver is a small geographical city surrounded by massive suburbs. The second largest city in Colorado is a Denver suburb. Geographically, the city of Charlotte is twice the size of the city of Denver.

Yeah but not what you said

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nailed it!  I said this in the 90's, why I left, and why I have never returned to live...only to visit.  EVERYONE I know well that lived/grew up in Charlotte has fled to the 'burbs or the area altogether. Charlotte is a top transplant city in the country and the older locals, the REAL Charlotteans, aren't having it and thus they move. Charlotte has become a big city and along with it, big city problems.  I now live in a large town/small city and it has the feel of 70's/80's Charlotte before the construction boom and transplant migration began. While having a downtown area, it's dwarfed by the size of Charlotte's even back then.  While downtown here is small, there's still stuff to do.

Edited by 45catfan

The only draw to Charlotte that I would normally have would be the 8 home games per year, and the airport.  That's it...and right now...it's just the airport.

There are so many places in NC that I would prefer to live it's not even close...but where I live ranks no. 1...no better place right now than Wilmington...IMO.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

The only draw to Charlotte that I would normally have would be the 8 home games per year, and the airport.  That's it...and right now...it's just the airport.

There are so many places in NC that I would prefer to live it's not even close...but where I live ranks no. 1...no better place right now than Wilmington...IMO.

I left NC in 2002.

I lived in Statesville at the time. How is that place looking nowadays?

All the places I've been since then haven't seemed to he able to beat that climate/small town near a big city feel. It's just stupid hot down here all the time. 

Wife and I are looking around Tennessee atm trying to find a way out of the humidity.