• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Matt Rhule

ncfan

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

The guy needs to go, but at this point we have to wait until the end of the year. Firing him now sets a really bad precedent for Tepper. He will have fired two coaches before seasons end in three seasons. That could scare off some coaches in the future. 

Good. Those are the type of coaches that we don’t want to attract - aka losers.

Its quite simple - win some football games and you don’t get fired. 

8 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Unprofessional in what way? Running a college style program?

The term "college atmosphere" was used.

The NFL is a business, run by adults who often get paid more money than their coaches.

Coaching and motivating those guys is way more complex than yelling at a college kid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Imagine a world where a coach would bench Cam Newton for Sam Darnold.😂😂😂

Well, in three weeks, you won't have to imagine it.

Dude is a fuging clown.

It shouldn't even get to that point.  There's no benefit to giving Rhule another day with the keys to this team.  He's mismanaging everything.  At this point, I'll take an interim HC that tells Brady Christensen his arms are fine and moves him back to tackle.  Just stop the bleeding until we can hire the next guy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Maybe, but I doubt it.  The self-confidence and ego required to lead a bunch of alpha males likely wouldn't allow a viable coaching candidate to believe it would ever happen to him.  

I don’t think any coaches are being scared off. There’s 32 of these jobs and it’s the pinnacle of the football coaching profession. It’s not a choice of Arby’s vs Wendy’s. Most guys would give their left nut for the worst NFL head position.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The NFL is a business, run by adults who often get paid more money than their coaches.

Coaching and motivating those guys is way more complex than yelling at a college kid.

When Josh McDaniels was gathering his staff last year as rumors had it.... Do you know who some of those names were/could have been? Got to think we interview him, being it was going to be between him and Rhule... I also like Hackett, Eberflus, Daboll, Downing to go along with Mcdaniels.

Edited by Jared Patterson

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yup you can motivate them by having coordinators who can design and call plays that win you games, so you all get paid more. Otherwise you just continue to churn the roster with overpaid free agents looking for 1-2 year contracts. These guys talk to each other and i imagine the majority are gonna tell their friends that this staff has no idea what they're doing but they will overpay you

2 hours ago, Martin said:

But don’t you worry, Michael Jordan is also coming back

image.png.49f5efcd4e17568eba5273f203c2ca8c.png

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

"good enough"

"ok"

these are not the traits i look for in any position. 

and you only say those kind of things when you know they suck but you don't want to come out and say it.

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

The guy needs to go, but at this point we have to wait until the end of the year. Firing him now sets a really bad precedent for Tepper. He will have fired two coaches before seasons end in three seasons. That could scare off some coaches in the future. 

Also, nearly everyone on staff aside from Sean Ryan is a long-time Rhule guy. You fire Rhule before the end of the season, then we may have worry about staff leaving early with him, leaving us without coaching staff for the rest of the season. Not sure if that has ever happened before, but Rhule has brought in so many of his long-time followers, that I feel it is definitely possible.

3 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

When Josh McDaniels was gathering his staff last year as rumors had it.... Do you know who some of those names were/could have been? Got to think we interview him, being it was going to be between him and Rhule... I also like Hackett, Eberflus, Daboll, Downing to go along with Mcdaniels.

At the time, I took a look back at his Broncos staffs in 2009 and 2010. There were some good names on that list, and a couple might be available again if he gets a new job.

Everyone knew the offensive line was going to be bad before the season started. It sucked when everyone was healthy and it has continued to suck with every change Rhule has made to it. Now he’s trying to act like injuries are the reason the line play has been abysmal.

Get this clown the fug out of here.

• Pie 1