• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are DOOMED! Panthers expect Rhule back for 2022...WTF

usmcpanthers

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

And those inside the organization believe the 46-year-old will return in 2022, according to Joe Person of The Athletic.”

Is what the article is based on. Course I can’t read it because I don’t pay for the Atheltic.

This is the full paragraph from The Athletic, and overall it's pretty non-committal.

Rhule has five more years left on the seven-year, $62 million contract he signed in January 2020, but David Tepper has shown he’s willing to cut his losses and paper over his mistakes. Team sources believe Rhule will be back in 2022. But Tepper’s not happy about a fourth consecutive losing season, so nothing’s guaranteed unless or until the $16 billion hedge fund manager says Rhule is safe.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You'll watch in September, but will you be watching in November? Probably.

It's honestly not guaranteed, and I'm not exaggerating.

Rhule is just awful, and I have zero faith in any notion that's going to change anytime soon.

I do however have a lot of confidence that I'm far from the only one who's thinking about it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 3

I never thought that as a Panthers fan that I'd be embarrassed to be a Panthers fan. This is what David Tepper and Matt Rhule have brought me too. I mean, I used to be able to wear my gear proudly--yeah I still wear it, will wear some tonight at a party--but the other day, as I was taking care of my wife's Christmas gift at the jewelry store, the guy said, "So, you're a Panthers fan." I responded, "Yeah, I know, they suck." That's the depth of conversation now with strangers because I'm reticent of being clowned. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's honestly not guaranteed, and I'm not exaggerating.

Rhule is just awful, and I have zero faith in any notion that's going to change anytime soon.

I do however have a lot of confidence that I'm far from the only one who's thinking about it.

I have progressed like either Rayzor or McNasty said, can’t remember which one, anywho. I’ll watch, but if there is other stuff going on I’m not going to be disappointed I’m not watching. I got the Canes to fill my sports fix. So there’s that.

My biggest issue with Rhule right now was always my biggest issue with Rhule, he’s a college coach, this team has absolutely no identity, no buy in from the players. It just feels like a dead entity. If the players were out there dying for the coaches, I’d probably feel differently. But there is no energy and you can tell by what happened the first few weeks when cam was injected in to the team. There was a mass explosion of energy and excitement. Unfortunately, that’s warn off. Now the players are back to going through the motions because they have to. 

And if Rhule is around I expect that to be even worse next year, because no good FA is going to want to come here. Because they know how toxic the culture is. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1