• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Rhule hires NFL Coordinators and positions coaches?

Zod

39 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Honestly 

maybe.

A lot of my biggest issues with Rhule, could be fixed by having guys with actual NFL experience to tell him how to handle and do certain things.

If we have to hire people to tell him how to coach then just replace him. This is a downgrade from Ron Rivera. I can understand wanting to be optimistic but geez we are really lowering the bar here.

Edited by frankw

Honestly though is D enough of an issue that Snow needs to be replaced? I don't really think so. We have some holes and weaknesses there but with the offensive not being able to stay on the field for more than like 1-3 minutes at a time, the D is put in as tough of a spot as they possibly can be and they still rank very well in most categories. Rhule sucks but Snow and the D have been fine. Situational coaching, halftime adjustments, etc. have been a huge issue for Rhule. In theory an experienced successful OC with head coaching experience could come in and help Rhule with that and give the offense life but I don't know who that would be and that's just in theory. In reality it likely won't matter. 

I will say, I don't care that much because I have lost faith pretty much completely in the owner not being the guy driving these personal decisions at QB and drafting (and the 3-4 Rivera's last season which was as stupid as the more recent stuff, and did by nature include personal decisions). 

But I saw Leftwich battling to lead his team, I don't remember if it was college or pro, but his ankle was hurt and he would not come out and refused to quit. His OL I think was literally helping him make it up the field to the huddle. Intangibles in spades. I would take that guy any day on my team. He has worked his way up in the coaching ranks to be OC for the world champs. He would be a good bet, I'd think.