• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Matt Rhule the most hated person in Panthers history?

ENCPantherfan2

Carruth anyone? He deserves every ounce of hate he gets because what he did was as absolutely evil. When it comes to football decisions I don’t hate anyone, as a person, but I do hate them when it comes to them being part of the organization. Hurney could have been a great person but glad he’s gone. Will be the same for Rhule.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t hate him. I wish him the best once he is out of here. 

But as a professional NFL coach he is awful. It’s without question that he has assembled the worst coaching staff in the team’s history. it’s nothing personal with him but he needs to be let go as soon as the season ends.

This pretty much covers it.

Matt Rhule is only guilty of being inept at his job.  No need to hate the guy.

Unfortunately, Matt's job has a massive impact on the Panthers organization.  He is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle, promoted above his level of competence.

The fact that Matt continues to be employed by the Panthers despite his incompetence isn't his fault.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

You guys all hated JR 

and now you all hate Tepper

Considering that the on-field product under Tepper has yet to approach mediocrity, it's perhaps fair in that context.

10 minutes ago, mwright350 said:

Yeah any answer other than Carruth is objectively wrong.

That's a given, and I always assume that other answers are just from the lesser 'not Rae Carruth' pool.

If Matt Rhule is not the most disliked person in the Panthers history, he is ranking right up near the top and getting closer to being #1 with each loss and bonehead decision he makes.

The Panthers are staring down the barrel of yet another losing season and nothing seems to be changing. If Rhule is having doubts about his own job security, there will never be a better time to walk away and save face than seasons end, providing there is interest.

There aren’t many college coaches throughout history that made a successful transition to the next level when given the opportunity. Coaching methods with kids learning their craft is one thing, but that doesn’t fly with established veterans who’ve seen it all before.

All of us loyal fans are growing increasingly frustrated with the product and the direction this team is heading. Judging by their current faith in Rhule, there wouldn’t be many tears shed if his leaving by choice or firing eventuality came to fruition.