• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says Darnold will start Sunday

trueblade

3 hours ago, La Pantera said:

Are people mad that Sam starts over Cam???

Does it really matter either way???

Drhule should be fired ASAP. But this doesn't even register on the scale of the reasons why.

Not mad.. I have no feelings on the rest of the season!! Dead inside!! I hope we lose b but we will find a way to win!! To screw the draft pick

I love Jake too but to even whisper that Jake was a better player is blasphemy.

Cam is a better player than 2003 Jake and looks to have 3-4yrs if he plays his game correctly as he has. 

That being the case why not reload the offensive line, play QB1, go back to 4-3 base, put Chinn at LB, draft somebody to play besides D Brown, make Phil Snow interim, hire Rod Chudzinsky as assistant head coach (cheap/inhouse solution) and let's go after the NFCS. 

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Cam isn't the only QB to enter the NFL that had more physical potential than Tom Brady.  Nobody has outdone him, or even come close.  I don't think that's a very fair standard.  Cam didn't receive the coaching that Tom Brady did, or have the same kind of support via commitment to the offensive line.  It's just two completely different situations.

Cam poured his heart and soul out for this franchise, and he didn't have to do that.  He did everything Jerry Richardson asked as far as appearance etc, sacrificed his body on the field for the team, and has been incredibly generous in the local community.  He could have said fug it after his rookie deal and walked to a big market team, but he wanted to be here.

Sure he's pretty much washed up now, but that's just an unfair level of expectation.  Julius Peppers had the potential to surpass Lawrence Taylor's dominance on the field, but he didn't.  He still had an amazing career though, and he was a great player.

I get where you're coming from, but you gotta appreciate the great players that have put on the Panther uniform.  We don't have much else tbh.

Oh Peppers is an underachieving guy as well 

He should of made us forget Deacon Jones and Bruce Smith were ever born.

But he didn't have the drive for that.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

I love Jake too but to even whisper that Jake was a better player is blasphemy.

Cam is a better player than 2003 Jake and looks to have 3-4yrs if he plays his game correctly as he has. 

That being the case why not reload the offensive line, play QB1, go back to 4-3 base, put Chinn at LB, draft somebody to play besides D Brown, make Phil Snow interim, hire Rod Chudzinsky as assistant head coach (cheap/inhouse solution) and let's go after the NFCS. 

I’m sorry I’m a huge Cam fan, but he’s finished bud

3 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

I knew you were going to pull Jake outta ya ass loool. Care to compare the rosters for those playoff and super bowl runs? Now it all makes sense. Pathetic.

It’s so stupid because Jake himself would admit that Cam was a far better QB than him. But some guys like Catsfan see a lot of their self in the plucky aw shucks underdog without as much natural talent and can’t identify with the confident strong guy who goes against their stereotypes of what a QB “should be”. You can tell where they are going as soon as they start throwing out win/loss records as an individual stat but somehow discounting being MVP of the entire league.

Almost guaranteed this guy would have been more comfortable with Derek Anderson than Cam in his prime. You will continue to see this when potential QBs are discussed this off season, they don’t want any QB who isn’t a pocket statue because they’re “less accurate” and “can’t read a defense” and will immediately compare every QB that fits that mold to Brady even though he is the exception rather than the rule in this day and age.

• The D 1
  • Flames 4

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

3-4 years? Maybe as a short yardage/pre-2021 Taysom Hill, but he’s not going to be a starting QB again. I’m not sure if you’ve been watching but Cam has looked really bad. It wasn’t incorrect when posted in the game thread that as bad as Sam is, he looked better throwing the ball than Cam last week.

Also, we aren’t winning the NFCS any time soon. We’ve got too many holes, including QB, and we don’t have enough picks to fill them with good enough players.

Rhules offense can make ANYBODY look terrible apparently. As I've said, I can't judge anybody in Matt Rhules offense.

Also, Cam coming off his couch is a better QB and starter than Sam difference is Sam was in training camp. Sam has practiced much more with DJ and Robby. Again, Cam just got here off his couch and is a better leader than anybody. You don't have to agree but he's the best player on the roster.

I don't agree with the he's done bud crowd. Cam still throws a pretty ball. Cam still has zip and a very tight spiral. Textbook. People dropping balls has been a problem also. Guys not being schemed open has been a problem. Zylstra has the best hands on the team. That's a problem unless he's your #1 WR.

Y'all need to respect the GOAT. You have an all time NFL great that WANTS to play for YOU 1000%, not some pipe dream like Watson.

This is your guy but wiser, he goes through his reads. He's more patient, more measured. That's what I've seen. He's rusty. Unfamiliar. I've seen that. Between the two I'd take a Cam fresh from the Patriots all day. He went to QB school in New England and is back healthy.

Yes. If Brady can play to almost 50yrs old, Cam can play another 3-4 easy. I saw him giving blows. That's what I saw. He's more motivated then anybody to win with this team. If he'd been in camp who knows. 

No question. If we had a coach that could put that lightning in a bottle 2022 Cam could be superior to 2015 Cam and we could dominate with THAT guy. We've got certain players in their prime NOW on offense and defense, the time is NOW for this team. Worrying about drafting a Oline and other stuff is a luxury. Let's indulge in that instead. Let it be.

• Pie 1