• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper embarrassed by Rhule. Rhule lost locker room.

Ja  Rhule

30 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

So was picking up that 5th year option on Darnold a strategic part on Rhule to sheild him from a quick dismissal? hmmmm

It should be reason #1 why the entire front office should be gone a week from Monday. Don’t see any reason it would shield anyone from being fired. 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not sure where your info comes from, so I beg to disagree. I'll trust what Forbes has to say.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/forbes-nfl-franchise-value-2021-cowboys-tampa-bay-bucs/

National Football League (NFL) franchise valuations have risen sharply in the last year to hit an average of US$3.48 billion, according to Forbes’ latest estimations.

Following significant revenue losses during the 2020 season due to the pandemic, this year has seen the NFL rebound with average team values up 14 per cent – the largest annual jump in five years – says Forbes.

According to the business outlet, the 2020 season saw the league suffer a 20 per cent drop in revenue, with average revenue reportedly coming in at US$381 million per team. Operating income was severely impacted by the pandemic, with Forbes estimating that it fell from US$109 million in 2019 to US$7.1 million in 2020.

According to the study, the Dallas Cowboys remain the NFL’s most valuable franchise, with a value of US$6.5 billion and league-high revenue of US$800 million resulting in an operating income of US$280 million.

The New England Patriots (US$5 billion) rank second, followed by the New York Giants (US$4.85 billion).

The value for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the reigning Super Bowl champions, is up 29 per cent in the last year – the most of any NFL team.

NFL franchise valuations have risen sharply in the last year to hit an average of US$3.48 billion

You can’t equate team value and collected income. Also revenue does not equal profit.

My home’s value jumped $50k this year, but I don’t have an extra $50k in the bank. There’s also no guarantee I’ll ever see that $50k if/when I sell.

The $20 mil number I put out is prob a bit old. That comes from 2015 when Goodell was set to make $20-30 mil a year in his new contract and some owners were reportedly upset because some of them didn’t even make that much.

All we know about team and owner income is what we see from the packers since all their info is public. 

The packers made a $70 mil profit in 2019 and had a loss of $40 mill in 2020. 

Im sure the panthers profit is less than what the packers pull in.

Now, let’s look at Tepper. If he just generates a 5% return (very conservative) on his $12 billion in wealth, that would be $600 million a year in cash income. 

A nfl team is a solid investment but Tepper doesn’t need it and I doubt that income is important to him.

31 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

So was picking up that 5th year option on Darnold a strategic part on Rhule to sheild him from a quick dismissal? hmmmm

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Seems like it.  He basically F us and got himself an extra year.  Amazing. 

Learn you young padawans 

Darnold's 5th year shouldn't be enough to stop Tepper from firing Rhule.

It should be yet another reason to fire Rhule.

Matt has become a human wrecking ball, intent on destroying the hopes and dreams of all Panthers fans with his idiotic and costly decisions.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

You can’t equate team value and collected income. Also revenue does not equal profit.

My home’s value jumped $50k this year, but I don’t have an extra $50k in the bank. There’s also no guarantee I’ll ever see that $50k if/when I sell.

The $20 mil number I put out is prob a bit old. That comes from 2015 when Goodell was set to make $20-30 mil a year in his new contract and some owners were reportedly upset because some of them didn’t even make that much.

All we know about team and owner income is what we see from the packers since all their info is public. 

The packers made a $70 mil profit in 2019 and had a loss of $40 mill in 2020. 

Im sure the panthers profit is less than what the packers pull in.

Now, let’s look at Tepper. If he just generates a 5% return (very conservative) on his $12 billion in wealth, that would be $600 million a year in cash income. 

A nfl team is a solid investment but Tepper doesn’t need it and I doubt that income is important to him.

That's why I stuck with revenue versus profit. Profit is the end result while revenue is pretty much a fixed number based on ticket sales and tv deals- not a lot of change from one year to the next.

But, to your point, Tepper is more profitable when he doesn't spend money, so again, why should he care if the product is successful? It's going to effect his bottom line to pay for a quality product.

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's a clause in the contract that Rhule cant be fired before year 3 without a non performance cause. It's just about the only thing that makes sense at this point. 

That would make Tepper the stupidest billionaire on the planet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Person is just the media arm of the panthers. If they’re putting this out there then have to think there is a possibility he could be fired at seasons end.

Exactly. It's back burning. Tepper or his PR has sent the order to give him an out in firing Rhule, that does not make him (Tepper) look soo incompetent.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

That doesn’t add up to the conclusion that he should return unless tepper just don’t want to saddle the new coach with Sam as his QB.

This is my conclusion too. Give them one more chance to turn things around next year. If they don't, we will probably be bad enough to have our choice of QBs.

43 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's why I stuck with revenue versus profit. Profit is the end result while revenue is pretty much a fixed number based on ticket sales and tv deals- not a lot of change from one year to the next.

But, to your point, Tepper is more profitable when he doesn't spend money, so again, why should he care if the product is successful? It's going to effect his bottom line to pay for a quality product.

My point is he’s making so much more elsewhere that the bottom line of this team doesn’t matter to him. I think he’s in this for bragging rights.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Person is just the media arm of the panthers. If they’re putting this out there then have to think there is a possibility he could be fired at seasons end.

I don't know that there are many, if any, sports reporters that would be willing to write this article and expect to remain on friendly terms w/the Panthers organization.  That is, unless someone within the Panthers organization has encouraged Person to write/publish it.

If that is the case, it may indicate the Panthers public relations people are laying the groundwork for a decision that has already been made, Rhule's firing. 

• Pie 6