• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper embarrassed by Rhule. Rhule lost locker room.

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bill Cowher? 😂

I said someone like Bill Cowher. If he had someone lined up they’re obviously not coaching now, that would be tampering. Cowher is in his early 60s and lives in NC. Dick Vermeil was like 150 when he came back. 

More from the article...

The defense has been the strength of the team, but it’s built on speed and athleticism, which makes the Panthers susceptible to downhill, power-running attacks. Defensive coordinator Phil Snow’s group has shown cracks while being forced to play almost flawlessly to keep the Panthers in games. “The defense is starting to wear down,” said a longtime NFC personnel executive. “They don’t have a lot of size on defense, which is starting to show late in the year.”

The Panthers have allowed 30.4 points during their current five-game losing streak. Only the Steelers (31.0 ppg) and the Chargers (30.5) have allowed more points since Week 10. Facing an injury-depleted Buccaneers offense last week, the defense gave up its longest run and longest completion of the season — both in the first half.

The Panthers are tied for 23rd with 16 takeaways — a statistic Snow said has to improve for the defense to become elite. “We are making progress, but it’s not where we want,” he said. “To be a championship-level defense, we’ve gotta get more turnovers and create more plays that change the game, and not give them up.”

Another veteran scout said it’s tough to say what the Panthers’ identity is, but it’s not toughness.

(Rhule) can say toughness in his mind, but they’re not oozing toughness on the field,” the scout said. “They’re soft. They’re a really soft football team. I don’t see the defense stopping anybody where it’s a 14-13 score. That’s tough football.”

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Why wait?

Exactly 

why waste another nfl year when one year equals 3 in time lost 

I feel totally hopeless as a long time seat holder.  totally, absolutely hopeless 

Either I pay the March and waste my life and money to watch this guy flail or I turn in my tickets without paying and lose something I’ve held for 22 years 

pit isn’t like he is making correctable mistakes.  His mistakes in personnel and player contract management  are egregious.  Simply egregious. Those cannot be overcome in a year or even two

rebuilds are one thing   I’ve lived through three of those here before Rhule   This guy simply does not know what he is doing 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Exactly 

why waste another nfl year when one year equals 3 in time lost 

I feel totally hopeless as a long time seat holder.  totally, absolutely hopeless 

Either I pay the March and waste my life and money to watch this guy flail or I turn in my tickets without paying and lose something I’ve held for 22 years 

pit isn’t like he is making correctable mistakes.  His mistakes in personnel and player contract management  are egregious.  Simply egregious. Those cannot be overcome in a year or even two

rebuilds are one thing   I’ve lived through three of those here before Rhule   This guy simply does not know what he is doing 

And he’s going to go down in flames insisting that following a college rebuild model will bring him success in the NFL. We are fuged as long as he’s here. He’s less adaptable than even fox or Rivera, two guys who we all thought were stubborn to a fault.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Fans hate you, owner "embarrassed" by you, you've lost the players...

Get excited for your 2022 Carolina Panthers, everyone. Rhule must be one hell of a snake oil salesmen around Tepper or Mr. Brass Balls might actually be mistaking patience with pure ignorance. 

Leave It To Beaver Vintage GIFI’ve said in another thread, Rhule is Eddie Haskell made over. Fake as Fug and has no shame in his game!

• Beer 2

55 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Brown had more flashes of potential but is ultimately Vernon Butler, Jaycee Horn can’t stay healthy and is unproven, Henderson sucks, YGM is serviceable but a downgrade from Obada, Chinn is excellent, TMJ is a worse LaFell, Christensen is an OK backup, Tremble is an OK backup, Hubbard is an OK backup who can’t catch or block, Roy isn’t NFL-caliber, Nixon isn’t NFL-caliber, Taylor isn’t NFL-caliber, Brown isn’t NFL-caliber, Smith is Joe Adams, Hoskins isn’t NFL-caliber, Thomas-Oliver isn’t NFL-caliber. 

So that’s one good player, three or four mediocre backups and a bunch of Arena Football players from two drafts. 

Yeah I was told the other day by a poster on here that this team with some new coordinators would be a playoff team year 3. I just laugh at him!

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

How do you know he is "eager to put a winning product on the field?" 

I'll play the skeptic here and point out that Tepper is making mad money regardless of the team's performance. He can say he wants a winning product on the field, but when the PSLs are sold (guaranteed money) and the TV deal is done (guaranteed money), what else does he need?

The Dallas Cowboys are one the highest valued professional sports teams in the world and huess what? They haven't won dick in the last 25 years. The Panthers have had more post season success since 1996 than Dallas has, made more post season appearances and essentially ended Dallas post season run on January 5, 1997 when the Panthers beat them 26-17. 

I'm not convinced Tepper is all that invested in putting a winning product ion the field, he's a savvy money-man and he's doing just fine putting this brand of dog food out there every week. Sure, he could spend a ton of money and pay for a decent team, but his bottom line doesn't get that much better one way or the other.

And I might add that why would he gaf if opposing fans fill BOA stadium come game day?  Opposing fans buy stuff just like hometown fans do.  Hell maybe even more stuff.

Long time no post. Usually just frequent this place in the offseason. Am I still going to get pooed to smithereens for saying a 2nd for darnold was absurd? I’m just a hater right?!? Basically a lte first for danrold lololol. There goes a top iOL prospect. It’s likely a top OT like Neal is there for us at 5/6 too so not sure we even trade down like some expect. Basically will have one player worth a damn from this draft despite being a top 5 worst team in the league. Love it. As I’ve said from day 1 Rhule has a serious problem planning and forecasting for the future. Always assumes he is correct and is the smartest biggest dick person in the room. We need to package all of the late round picks we have (future long snappers) and the 4th rounder and try to trade up. That’s a about it. We can’t waste late picks on guys that won’t play. Bundle and trade them for someone who might actually 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

That doesn’t add up to the conclusion that he should return unless tepper just don’t want to saddle the new coach with Sam as his QB.

Or the entire roster in general. We have so much cap sunk between Sam (failed win-now attempt middle of a rebuild), Robby (trash) and CMC (permanently injured) alone.

9 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I was told the other day by a poster on here that this team with some new coordinators would be a playoff team year 3. I just laugh at him!

If Rhule is involved at all, we will suck in year 3. That guy could screw up a wet dream. 

• Pie 1