• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell declares for the draft

Varking

8 hours ago, Varking said:

I worry Pickett is just an older dude finally playing good in college ball because he’s older than the majority of kids he’s against. His fifth year of college ball finally got him over 15 touchdown passes in a season and that concerns me.  

Burrow had a similar career path - he’s showing his final season was no fluke 

8 hours ago, Varking said:

I worry Pickett is just an older dude finally playing good in college ball because he’s older than the majority of kids he’s against. His fifth year of college ball finally got him over 15 touchdown passes in a season and that concerns me.  

I remember I said that about Jimmy Clausen, who was dang near 20 playing high school football. LOL

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If by trust, you mean you feel that the player is a sure fire NFL success, then there is no college qb ever that I trusted.  To many examples of sure fire hits that ended up failing for me to trust them.  Until they prove otherwise, this year's batch has the same chance of success as last year's.  

Trust as in believe they have more of a chance of being success than a failure. I would put the odds of NFL success for this entire class at less than 50%. JMO, obviously but it's a very, very weak QB class.

9 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

There are things I like about Howell, but I feel he is massively overrated here due to UNC homerism.

What homerism? Most people don’t like him or thinks he sucks because they are a bunch of Duke basketball fans or NCST fans on here 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Trust as in believe they have more of a chance of being success than a failure. I would put the odds of NFL success for this entire class at less than 50%. JMO, obviously but it's a very, very weak QB class.

I agree that the odds are less than  50%, but I think the odds are less than 50% for almost any class.  I think the odds are less than 50% overall for last year's class.   In fact, if you look at it realistically, there are may 10-15 solid qb's in the NFL right now.  And probably 3 or so are drafted in the first round every year.  So it would seem that well over 50% of qb's drafted in the first round don't succeed.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree that the odds are less than  50%, but I think the odds are less than 50% for almost any class.  I think the odds are less than 50% overall for last year's class.   In fact, if you look at it realistically, there are may 10-15 solid qb's in the NFL right now.  And probably 3 or so are drafted in the first round every year.  So it would seem that well over 50% of qb's drafted in the first round don't succeed.  

I mean less than 50% for each prospect individually. 

We just aren't going to agree on this. I view this as a bad QB draft class and you don't. It is what it is.

I certainly hope that the team doesn't share your rosy view because I don't really want to see us end up in further QB purgatory as we go down this Cleveland Browns road we are currently on.

46 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What homerism? Most people don’t like him or thinks he sucks because they are a bunch of Duke basketball fans or NCST fans on here 

Bs.. If it was Julius Peppers nobody had a problem with picking him no matter what college Basketball team they root for.. If Sam was a can't miss prospect in a highly rated draft class we would love to grab him.. But that isn't the case..

• Pie 1