• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did LT BC do?

musicman

Not great. But not a downgrade. If only he had more experience…he got beat as rookies do but also missed assignments. Had he been playing earlier in the season to clean that up, seems it would be just the getting beat rookie type stuff.

He has ways to go, really hard to tell watching what Rhule calls an oline who was responsible for what tbh.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Honestly can say he looked better then Eirving.. Another Rhule fug up.. Not playing him more at LT cost us evaluation time..

Rhule makes Rivera look like a genius.  He is so in stubborn to believe players he brought in free agency are the answers to our issues and won't play the rookies they drafted.

I still can't believe they didn't give Brown a chance at guard considering they make M. Kalil look like an All-Pro.  Turnstile is too good of a word for them.  

You could also make a case that Christensen didn't look so good because the scrub guard next to him wasn't doing much to help him. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1

I stopped watching at halftime and fell asleep at points but he looked better than Erving but not a lock at LT next year. He is passable in pass protection and nonexistent in the run game.

At 25 he isn't good enough to pass on a Slater type guy in the first but good enough to not play Erving again, as low as that bar is.

I tried to watch out for him as much as possible, easier said than done.

What I saw were two tackles having to try to carry the load of a crappy interior OL.  I mean, BC wasn't near as bad as Erving usually is.  He had some bad plays, but then again, the NO defense schemed up blitzes that exposed his lack of experience.  The delayed/corner/edge blitzes beat him pretty routinely.

He also did a fair amount of holding that wasn't called, par for the ref crew.  I mean, it wasn't a trash game, but he did some good and had some real "learning" moments.

Would having a real LG next to him help?  How about a Center or QB who can make the calls at the line?  Oh yeah.  

But he wasn't all bad.  Honestly, the iOL was so putrid he was just trying to make something out of nothing.

• Pie 1