• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tank Watch - Week 18

kungfoodude

Screenshot_20220103-024757_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d91c122fabef1e2e0c03a6b93235c083.jpg

With a SOS at 0.507, we are largely locked into the 6th spot as our floor, even if we somehow win against Tampa. Our ceiling is 4th, as the SOS gap between us and Houston is likely too large to make up in one week.

So, let's take a look at the games impacting our final draft ranking.

WTF @ NY Giants

This is our best chance to move up. Both teams are toting long losing streaks headed into this final contest(NYG 5, WTF's 4), although the Giants are losing by 18.4 ppg since Jones went out with injury. However, 3 of the 4 victories this season have been home games for the NYG. 

NY Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Although the Jets have been playing better as of late(choked away a chance at a 2 game win streak), the Bills are one of the hottest teams in the league at the moment, riding a 3 game winning streak and in a tight race for the AFC East crown with the Pats. I don't see much hope of the Jets taking this.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think the Giants can take Ron's team.  We need that #5.

Did you watch the Giants yesterday?  

They basically gave up and weren’t even pretending like they were trying to win.  Glennon had like 4 yards going into the 4th.  

Just now, CRA said:

Did you watch the Giants yesterday?  

They basically gave up and weren’t even pretending like they were trying to win.  Glennon had like 4 yards going into the 4th.  

Nah, I didn't watch.  Why would I watch the Giants?  Ron's team is bad too so it may be a battle of crappy teams.  I mean, we suck and nearly screwed up to get a win.

Any chance we can get Evan Neal at 5/6?  The way I see it right now, Jax/Detroit probably take the EDGE's from Oregon and Michigan.  Then we have Houston who need lots of help everywhere.  I could see them going LT, also could see them taking a QB like Pickett.  Jets definitely won't be taking O-Line as they have already invested a lot of draft capital lately in that spot.  That leaves the NY Giants ahead of us.  I could see them taking Hamilton from ND, or Linderbaum from Iowa.  Regardless if we stick in our current slot we should be able to get a high impact O-Lineman at a position of heavy need. 

But damn....there is not a lot of top flight talent across the board this year.  One of the weaker drafts at the top that I have seen in quite a while.  Next year is where a lot of the heavy hitters will be available. Of course, we will be right back in the spot next year too, so no worries there! 

This latest PFF mock has us taking Neal at 6!

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-jacksonville-jaguars-michigan-edge-aidan-hutchinson-no-1-overall-pick-denver-broncos-quarterback-matt-corral-ole-miss

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1