• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple analysts ridiculing Rhule's comments

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

It occurs to me that if Rhule was uncomfortable taking a Guard at 8, he is unlikely to take a Center at 6.

Rhule said something that stuck in my head a bit--he mentioned that BC can play all 5 positions--but he only played 4 this year, to the best of my knowledge. Then he mentioned the word "Center" a bit later. 

Did I miss BC playing Center?

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

IMO he is going to use that excuse when we draft a left tackle and not a center in the draft.    He will say bc will get a shot there.  

Interesting. There are only 3 college centers worthy of drafting, IMO--and 2 on day 2 or later.  I thought it was pathetic that he said he could not go to a Hornets game (due to the booing).  Then he tried to downplay the fans' concerns by referring to how he was booed at Baylor for going 1-13 but turned it around.

At least he has some idea of where our patience threshold is now-

I want Rhule on the next Greyhound bus out of Charlotte.  That being said, if we fire the whole staff, who would we get to run things as an interim next season?  As has been said before, next year is already a lost season for the most part, and we should be setting ourselves up for 2023.  If Rhule is here next season as a lame duck, he will likely cause more long-term damage to our roster and cap between now and the end of next season or when he's canned, whichever comes first.

We're in deep poo and Tepper's silence is really pissing me off.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I can’t name one. 

at least other bad teams have some hope they can hang their hat on.  New coaches coming in.  And basically every bad team minus the Giants finished on the upswing.  

Remember in the past when we had a disappointing season we would say things like "well, at least we aren't the _______________"? Well, we are now THAT team. Absolutely depressing.

• Pie 2

This is why you don't base every football decision on analytics. It's why analytics are situationally useful but shouldn't be the deciding factor in pretty much anything.

You're looking for guys that fit a certain mold and if they're outside of that, you discard them. So you pass on a pro bowler at a position, be it guard or tackle, that would have improved your team.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, lightsout said:

This is why you don't base every football decision on analytics. It's why analytics are situationally useful but shouldn't be the deciding factor in pretty much anything.

You're looking for guys that fit a certain mold and if they're outside of that, you discard them. So you pass on a pro bowler at a position, be it guard or tackle, that would have improved your team.

If I were a GM, there's no way I'm going to pass on a good to excellent player because he's an inch too short in height(or his arms are an inch too short in length our case).  If he can play well enough to be a difference maker on the team than I'd pick him.

The Dallas Cowboys were notorious for this back in the Gil Brant/Tex Schram/Tom Landry era. According to the legend, a college coach from Baylor (a Texas University) personally talked to Landry about drafting his star middle linebacker, who was the best LB in the country the last two years of his collegiate career. Landry wouldn't draft the guy despite his excellent on-the-field play. Back then the Cowboys wouldn't draft a linebacker if he wasn't 6 feet tall.

Years later this story was confirmed by Cowboy personnel director Gil Brandt when he talked to the guy they passed over in the draft...HALL OF FAME MLB MIKE SINGLETARY, whose childhood dream was to play for his beloved Cowboys. Singletary was only 5'11, therefore that made him an unacceptable draft choice for America's Team. 🙄

• Pie 2