• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on the Panthers quarterback options

Mr. Scot

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Big splash vet, 1st round QB, or stick with Darnold should be the only three options. Enough with these third tier vet acquisitions. We've sank enough resources into them and the results are going to keep being the same. 

What is the cut off for "big splash vet"?  Cousins? Carr?

I am going to hope most of the options he mentioned aren’t taken.  Kenny Pickett would be a disaster and not better than Darnold.  If we build the OL and left QB for later I would like that much better than a Pickett or other QB reach.  Sadly, I would put us reaching for a QB at like 90% probability atp.

Fitty and Rhule better do some serious evaluations before taking any of these QBs at 6.  

I like Sam Howell personally but even then I would want him in a trade down scenario.  

Willis…same.  Trade down first.  This QB group is really suspect overall.  You shouldn’t just pick the best suspect talent and call him the savior.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think they’ll either try to get a mid tier vet FA QB or stick with Darnold. I don’t see them drafting Pickett. If they passed on Fields and Jones, why would they pick Pickett? He’s a lesser prospect than either of those guys. 

I disagree. I like Pickett a lot and no doubt in my mind he has better arm talent than Fields, who I dont like at all or Jones, who had a good year at NE. 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I am going to hope most of the options he mentioned aren’t taken.  Kenny Pickett would be a disaster and not better than Darnold.  If we build the OL and left QB for later I would like that much better than a Pickett or other QB reach.  Sadly, I would put us reaching for a QB at like 90% probability atp.

Fitty and Rhule better do some serious evaluations before taking any of these QBs at 6.  

I like Sam Howell personally but even then I would want him in a trade down scenario.  

Willis…same.  Trade down first.  This QB group is really suspect overall.  You shouldn’t just pick the best suspect talent and call him the savior.

If we trade down how do we know the team trading to our spot isnt getting a qb? That would be insanity to trade back with that plan and then all of the talent is gone

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think they’ll either try to get a mid tier vet FA QB or stick with Darnold. I don’t see them drafting Pickett. If they passed on Fields and Jones, why would they pick Pickett? He’s a lesser prospect than either of those guys. 

Because he's desperate for his job and Tepper doesn't understand or care.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we trade down how do we know the team trading to our spot isnt getting a qb? That would be insanity to trade back with that plan and then all of the talent is gone

Naw…when I say trade down it would not be very far.  Target OL and QB.  Take what the board gives you.  One of these QBs will definitely be there mid first round.  

I know where you are going here though.  If they pinpoint a QB he will go at 6.  They won’t risk it IMO.

Edited by Shocker