• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright screw it, take Pickett

RumHam

31 minutes ago, Icege said:

Holy poo Sam's OL was terrible. I've watched UNC vs. Pitt, WF, Duke, and ND so far (wanting to watch NC State so that I can watch Ekwonu as well) and he was constantly under duress.

The Liberty OL was supposed to be experienced but I read that their LG + RT dealt with injuries throughout the season. They look every bit the part of a bad OL tho.

The UNC OL was worse than the Panthers OL comparatively.  They were terrible.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

One of those isn't even in the NFL yet, lol. Another is already so physically damaged he may be on the downside of his career. The third? Yeah, he's good, and way better than Willis.

Look, it's obvious lots of the Willis fans just want to relive the days of Cam. I get it. But scrambling isn't everything in the NFL. Give me a QB that CAN scramble (like Mahomes) when he needs to but otherwise plays behind the line. Look at Willis' passing stats. Very tame. You really think he's going to be able to run all over the NFL? Again, Lamar is already abusing his body. Cam was abused. Hurts isn't going to last long playing like he does.

But hey, if you think Rhule and company can develop the kid ... cool. He def will be able to scramble when need be ... but we already have a PJ Walker.

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'd also take a late round flyer on Bailey Zappe out of Western Kentucky this year. Maybe a 5th round pick for him as he would certainly be as good as PJ Walker. 

https://nflmocks.com/2022/01/05/2022-nfl-draft-scouting-report-bailey-zappe/

I found a scouting report on Bailey Zappe. He appears to have some issues in terms of arm strength on deep passing plays, but he is one of the more intriguing late round prospects we've seen in the past couple of years. Click on the link to see more. I'm only gonna post the summary from the scouting report.

Summary

Zappe shows an impressive understanding of the offense he is in, and possesses an impressive instinctual ability to escape pressure and make a plays. Aside from the inconsistencies on deep balls, Zappe shows consistent accuracy in all other areas of the field. Within 30 yards of the LOS, Zappe is as accurate as any of the other QB prospects in this class. While he projects as a 4th-5th round prospect currently, expect Zappe’s stock to rise in Mobile and throughout the entirety of the 2022 NFL Draft process.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be clear, I'm not a fan.

I do, however, suspect he could be our pick based on not just the hype but also his prior relationship with Matt Rhule.

Possibly. But the Campen hire may indicate McAdoo has significant pull on the offensive side of the ball. McAdoo's appraisal of Picket and the other draft eligible prospects could carry more weight on draft day.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Possibly. But the Campen hire may indicate McAdoo has significant pull on the offensive side of the ball. McAdoo's appraisal of Picket and the other draft eligible prospects could carry more weight on draft day.

I hope so..

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

If all 3 OTs are taken, then I'm trading down or taking Linderbaum at a slight reach if unable to move.

Trading down in a draft where there's no valuable QBs is significantly harder.  Hopefully for us either an OT we want or a player someone else wants to trade up for drops.  I'm just skeptical of the later (but there's enough decent OTs the former seems realistic).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wait, wut?

top 3 picks last year were QBs. 9ers gave up the farm to move up to #3 for lance. if you want a QB who is sought after, he won’t be there at 6.

we don’t have a second to use this year, so we have to use next years picks to move up, which are at a discounted value.

im not saying we do it, just setting expectations. we likely won’t get one of the top 3 QBs at 6, and will probably need to use next years 1st to get one.

6 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

top 3 picks last year were QBs. 9ers gave up the farm to move up to #3 for lance. if you want a QB who is sought after, he won’t be there at 6.

we don’t have a second to use this year, so we have to use next years picks to move up, which are at a discounted value.

im not saying we do it, just setting expectations. we likely won’t get one of the top 3 QBs at 6, and will probably need to use next years 1st to get one.

Lol, moving UP for a QB this year!  Heck, we could move back and still get one.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, trueblade said:

Possible. Mind you, we have no idea what that evaluation will be.

QB is so key. Far higher than any other position. You draft a QB every year, or every other year if you're on the fence on last years guy, until you have your franchise QB. Once you have your QB, all other pieces will come together quickly if you are hitting on most of your 2nd round picks. QB is just too important and too hard to get. You have to play to win, if you know what I mean. We haven't been playing the lottery though. We've been dumpster diving. Easier to win the lottery than the dumpster.