• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright screw it, take Pickett

RumHam

Kenny Pickett's ceiling to me seems game manager QB1, really good QB2. Basically Teddy Bridgewater. Would rather see the team gamble on Willis, Howell, Corral, Glass, or Strong. The former 3 at #6, the latter 2 in the 2nd if the team can trade back and re-acquire a selection.

• Pie 2

Everyone talking about Burrow going to the Super Bowl being proof that a QB1 is the magic bullet for NFL success, and therefore we should draft a top 3 QB.

I point to Matt Stafford being in the Super Bowl as the reason we shouldn't. 

Matt Stafford is a championship caliber QB 1. Provably. He's playing for the championship in 2 weeks. He languished his entire career on a bad team and did nothing of note. The magical, championship quality QB couldn't drag a bad team to relevance. And then the first year he plays for a competent squad, he goes to the Super Bowl. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. A championship quality QB1 is the very top of Maslow's hierarchy of football needs. It's the thing that makes you a contender if you already have the lower steps on the pyramid in place. 

Now be real honest with yourself, and answer this question:

"Right now, are the Carolina Panthers more like the LA Rams, or the Detroit Lions?"

Don't fug around. Draft a lineman. 

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

You want to do the Big Swing upside play right now.. These 2 are the most physically gifted QBS in this draft... Low floors very high ceiling... These are the only 2 battling Burrows, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert in a few years in  this draft..

Both of them had probably the least effective OLs to work with as well. Out of the current QB prospects, Willis has been sacked the most (52) and Howell the second most (49). The UNC OL tied for allowing the most TFLs (94, Liberty's was 83).

Nevada, South Dakota State, and Kent State's lines were bad as well.

• Pie 1

Howell vs Willis as actual passers is an easy decision.  Willis is a very long way away as a pro level passer.  I mean that is what QBs do a lot…pass the ball

If we are playing sandlot football Willis is your man but this guy is all over the place.  No structure at all to his game in the pocket.  He is just winging it most of the time.  Big fuggin pass on Willis for me.

Someone like Corral is way more experienced and ready than Willis at pretty much everything 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Everyone talking about Burrow going to the Super Bowl being proof that a QB1 is the magic bullet for NFL success, and therefore we should draft a top 3 QB.

I point to Matt Stafford being in the Super Bowl as the reason we shouldn't. 

Matt Stafford is a championship caliber QB 1. Provably. He's playing for the championship in 2 weeks. He languished his entire career on a bad team and did nothing of note. The magical, championship quality QB couldn't drag a bad team to relevance. And then the first year he plays for a competent squad, he goes to the Super Bowl. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. A championship quality QB1 is the very top of Maslow's hierarchy of football needs. It's the thing that makes you a contender if you already have the lower steps on the pyramid in place. 

Now be real honest with yourself, and answer this question:

"Right now, are the Carolina Panthers more like the LA Rams, or the Detroit Lions?"

Don't fug around. Draft a lineman. 

Matt Stafford is overrated and at times still looks like he plays for the Lions. His offense with the best receiver in the NFL fresh off a triple crown barely outgunned a Jimmy G led offense and won on a field goal. Not the best example. Young quarterbacks on rookie deals to build around are the way to go and the Panthers decision makers have to nut up and draft their guy or get canned like many before them.

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Its a lottery in finding franchise qbs and the bungals are proof that if you get that guy, shitty lines dont matter. Throw herbert and mahomes into it as well. But this team needs excitement and its Jeff Lewis levels right now.

Gotta get the gat. 

Lsu Football Quarterback GIF by LSU Tigers

Edited by Panthero

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Howell vs Willis as actual passers is an easy decision.  Willis is a very long way away as a pro level passer.  I mean that is what QBs do a lot…pass the ball

If we are playing sandlot football Willis is your man but this guy is all over the place.  No structure at all to his game in the pocket.  He is just winging it most of the time.  Big fuggin pass on Willis for me.

Someone like Corral is way more experienced and ready than Willis at pretty much everything 

Corral is built like my niece and just as fragile not what you want with suspect line play. 

Wills and Howell have bigger upside and both are built like tall RBS..

• Pie 1