• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Met with Kenny Pickett. Also Jimmy G wants to go to a Winning team

ncfan

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

Still plenty of time between now and the draft but it seems obvious Pickett will be under heavy consideration for us. The hand size stuff is funny but more just for headlines. All I need to know is can he play football? If it's him or someone like Jimmy G then I would rather just roll the dice in the draft. Folks need to go ahead and accept we will be throwing high draft picks at QB until we hit same as other franchises before us. This was the future that awaited us when so many of you were practically celebrating the demise of Newton's career. Don't cry now.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 2

Jimmy G actually has a lot of good options in free agency. Steelers went to post season and need a QB, WFT, Green Bay if Rodgers leaves, Seahawks if Russell leaves, NO, Tampa Bay. These are all teams with good talent. The question is if they think Jimmy G is the missing piece. He's proven in two big time games (super bowl against chiefs and this NFC championship game) that he can manage it but won't win you the game. 

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Don't they all want to go to winning teams?  Good luck with that.  I'm pretty sure the 49ers will trade Jimmy where ever they can get the most value!

There is still consideration given to the player’s choice.  It may not be a great choice but if he really doesn’t want to go he can kill it.

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

Eh questions swirled around Herbert too. It is revisionist history to suggest that he was a slam dunk consensus top QB. Even fans here talked junk about him for months.

I was on the *OFFICIAL JUSTIN HERBERT BANDWAGON* and begging Fhule to listen to Marty on that one.

I'm on the *OFFICIAL CARSON STRONG BANDWAGON*

Of course Mr. Hometown Hookup thinks Pickett is Hebert when we all know Pickett is Chris Weinke.

This is a massive draft for Matt Rhule, who might have to make the playoffs in 2022 to keep his job.

Fitterer and the Panthers could do a lot of things with the #6 pick, take a quarterback, an offensive tackle, best player available, or possibly even trade out of it and accumulate more picks in return.

In my opinion,the most popular and most obvious thing for the Panthers to do would be to take an offensive tackle now and a quarterback nex year..

One or more of the top rated offensive tackles,Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu or Charles Cross should be available when the Panthers pick.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Jimmy G actually has a lot of good options in free agency. Steelers went to post season and need a QB, WFT, Green Bay if Rodgers leaves, Seahawks if Russell leaves, NO, Tampa Bay. These are all teams with good talent. The question is if they think Jimmy G is the missing piece. He's proven in two big time games (super bowl against chiefs and this NFC championship game) that he can manage it but won't win you the game. 

I could definitely see him landing a similar gig to what he had this year. Basically a steadying force to keep the seat warm for a young guy a team is developing. Jimmy has a rude awakening coming if he thinks he's going to walk into the locker room of a good team and have them plan to build around him. He's a stop gap/veteran mentor type of QB. Probably a damn good one. Very reminiscent of former Boner Alex Smith in that regard.

• Pie 1

Draft an OT at #6 and try like heck to get Stronger at QB by moving back up into the second and drafting Carson Strong. 

Last draft I advocated for us picking Parsons/Pitts in the first and Kyle Trask in the second. I hope they'd look back at how that would have been a damn good draft decision.

Again, Hog Mollie Olineman in the first, try like heck to get into the second round for a QB with a Strong arm. Strong.

Edited by rippadonn

Acquiring Garoppolo could be an option, but it would require some cap magic to make it work. The problem I have with this acquisition is that it is going to cost us a similar deal to what Wentz cost the Colts, which is a day two pick with potential for it to become a first round pick. I guess an alternative could be a Garoppolo for McCaffrey deal which gets us a quarterback and gives the 49ers a player that would excel in their system, but I'd hate to see McCaffrey go. 

Personally I'd just draft a quarterback and let him compete with Darnold and Newton (if brought back). Best quarterback wins. 

i think garropollo ends up in denver. Maybe even Green Bay. Denver is a decent QB short of being competitive, somehow ended at .500 this year. 

The fact that Pickett's hands are in question, I don't want him now. It's ridiculous that these franchise QB's such as Allen Herbert and Burrow all had the biggest hands and a rocket arm. If someone has this, jump on it. Otherwise go LT.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:
This is a massive draft for Matt Rhule, who might have to make the playoffs in 2022 to keep his job.

Fitterer and the Panthers could do a lot of things with the #6 pick, take a quarterback, an offensive tackle, best player available, or possibly even trade out of it and accumulate more picks in return.

In my opinion,the most popular and most obvious thing for the Panthers to do would be to take an offensive tackle now and a quarterback nex year..

One or more of the top rated offensive tackles,Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu or Charles Cross should be available when the Panthers pick.

Well he's already proven he can go 5-12 and that may be good enough to win the NFCS next year. 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Draft an OT at #6 and try like heck to get Stronger at QB by moving back up into the second and drafting Carson Strong. 

Last draft I advocated for us picking Parsons/Pitts in the first and Kyle Trask in the second. I hope they'd look back at how that would have been a damn good draft decision.

Again, Hog Mollie Olineman in the first, try like heck to get into the second round for a QB with a Strong arm. Strong.

That would take our #1 for 2023.  So a hard hell no

• Beer 1