• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You’re Matt Rhule…. What are you doing?

ncfan

33 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Seriously I mortgage the future, if it works I look like a genius, if not I won’t be here to suffer…

That’s what I think he will do, it’s also why he should have been fired. He is going to do whatever it takes to save his job, I don’t think he will draft a qb in the first bc of that as well. He doesn’t have time to develop him and can’t accept rookie mistakes that costs games. I think he’s going to trade picks for a veteran or just roll with Sam. It sucks and I hope I’m wrong. 

28 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I say fug it and draft Malik Willis at 6, go with Moton and Christensen at the tackle positions, keep Elflein at center as he seemed like the least horrible option of the motley crew we played there in 2021, start Brown at one of the guard positions, and then dumpster dive for another guard.  Willis hasn't had his head caved in like Darnold yet and would be an injection of excitement which might save my job so I can fug it all up next year as is Panther tradition.

That's pretty much what I would do as well, but Rhule is so petty and insecure he probably sees Willis as someone who will potentially overshadow him. 

Try to get Fitt to sign James Daniels this off-season, suring up a guard spot with a guy who can also play center. Could also target Connor Williams. Goal being to secure IOL help with a young free agent. 

Trade back and draft Howell later in the first. 

Use 2nd or 3rd rounder acquired in trade back on WR. I know it doesn’t seem like a need right now, but I need leverage for upcoming DJ Moore contract talks. Need to be comfortable enough to trade him for assets if he wants too much $. Remember, we’re likely moving on from Anderson after next year.

Use all other picks on BPA while trying to target OL/MLB/S in that order. 

QB: Darnold/Howell (until mid season) - gives us best chance at drumming up trade interest for Darnold, which is currently near zero, while allowing Howell time to get acclimated. We’re not challenging next year so prep for a playoff push in 2023.

OL: Christensen/Daniels/Elf/Brown or rookie/Moton

WR: DJ/RA/TMJ or 2nd/3rd round rookie —-> This room could look a lot different the following year. 

Defense: Stays mostly in tact except we add a MLB or S (or both) from the draft. Luvu is resigned to play OLB. Plenty of options in secondary. 

Try to convince Tepper and Fitt that we’re setting up for years of playoff runs starting in 2023. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

I’m laughing at the huddle meltdown over my supposed cluelessness. Because I know 10x more football than any dipshit, overweight, BBQ eating fug on here. 

And that knowledge, and perhaps more importantly the way he has chosen to act on said knowledge, is pretty much the sole reason the team is in the current state it's in. Soooo... yeah.

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I say fug it and draft Malik Willis at 6, go with Moton and Christensen at the tackle positions, keep Elflein at center as he seemed like the least horrible option of the motley crew we played there in 2021, start Brown at one of the guard positions, and then dumpster dive for another guard.  Willis hasn't had his head caved in like Darnold yet and would be an injection of excitement which might save my job so I can fug it all up next year as is Panther tradition.

yep.... Willis would be my pick... quick, good arm strength and mobile ...cause he'll need to run...closest thing to Watson as you can get...imo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1