• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Abandon Ship?

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m not to big on Fitterer honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing new GM and HC

In light of all the reports, truth is we don't know a thing about Fitts.  Rhule has complete and total control.  Fitts is only doing what Rhule tells him to do.  I'm not sure it's really fair to judge him positively or negatively until he's allowed to do the things a GM is typically allowed to do.

• Pie 4

People don’t leave companies, they leave bosses. Employees will show their displeasure by leaving. These men saw an opportunity to leave for greener pastures and if Rhule doesn’t see that as an indictment of his coaching skills, he’s as obtuse as he looks on the sidelines.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Towelboy said:

People don’t leave companies, they leave bosses. Employees will show their displeasure by leaving. These men saw an opportunity to leave for greener pastures and if Rhule doesn’t see that as an indictment of his coaching skills, he’s as obtuse as he looks on the sidelines.

Not always true. Some companies really do suck in terms of pay, benefits, etc. Those companies usually also tend to have shitty bosses and the few good ones are desperately looking for something else. Then the company trots out that line to blame their people for not being able to retain workers because that's what bad places to work do - they find someone else to blame. Just like Matt Rhule.

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know what Tepper realizes. My gut says not a lot.

But if more guys leave and we continue to have a tough time finding people who want to come here, I'd like to think he might at least start to suspect that something's wrong.

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person did say other assistant coaches are reportedly "exploring their options elsewhere" as well.

Hard to believe that Tepper did not get his fill of being embarrassed long before now. He has turned this team into a joke and it will be tough to recover from this.

9 hours ago, TheoJay10 said:

Younger black coaches leaving and being replaced by older white coaches. Happy black history month from the Panthers y’all!

They left to take other jobs, not fired.  Heck, credit to them for getting out now instead of getting fired in 12 months or so when Rhule and staff all get shown the door.  Smart moves.  Rhule even tried to get Pep Hamilton who chose to stay with Houston's dumpster fire rather than come here.

Edited by 45catfan

Rhule can only find old guys to come here because nobody that wants to further career will come here.  The old guys could care less, 2 of the 3--possibly all 3 will probably just retire once Rhule's staff is let go.  They took this job to pad their retirement funds.  Campen may still coach, but Paul P. and Snow will likely trade in their play books for rocking chairs.

• Beer 1