• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft options from Williams & Alexander Char Observer

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Anyone who watched Brown play compared to Miller knows who should have been starting. It wasn't Miller. Just because a guy isn't starting doesn't mean he shouldn't be. We've seen this several times over, not just with Rhule, Rivera was bad about it too. 

That was one of a couple of bad assumptions I read.  Then add the assumption that Fitterer is the guy making the call on this. 

33 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I’d rather just trade back grab offensive line help and let Darnold sink or swim next year. Of course sanity has long left our franchise so we’ll either trade our 1st for a QB or draft a QB at #6.

No team is going to trade with the Panthers without raping them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Time to think longer term and set the team up for success for many years to come, which means that Rhule won't willing want to do it, but maybe Fitterer and Morgan are reading teh Huddle.  Rhule may be desperate to win now, but that doesn't mean that Fitterer and Morgan will rubber stamp Rhule's insanity, roll over and play dead.  They have reputations too, and I'm sure they don't want Rhule's stench on their future NFL careers, where ever that may be.  

Trade back into the teens to secure a second round pick.  Draft Linderbaum in first, Kenyon Green in the second. Sign either Corbett or Connor Williams in FA.  Your starting line up next year would be very young, but a great foundation for many years to come. LT - Brady Christenson, LG - Corbett or Williams, C - Linderbaum, RG - Elflein, Green or Brown, RT - Moton.  

Here's where it gets painful: Roll with Darnold this season.  Darnold will either prove he was a victim of bad line play, leading to 'happy feet' and bad choices, or we have conclusive proof that he is broken and not salvageable.  If he does well, hallelujah.  If he flames out, we will pick in the top 10 and can take a shot at drafting the next QB of the future.

This will not get fixed in one year.  Why draft like it will?  

Edited by bythenbrs

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been saying that ever since it became obvious he wasn't getting fired. You have a desperate man with full control and minimal NFL experience to lean on. Every team in the league is going to be lining up to try to fleece him and pick this carcass clean.

And worse yet, he thinks he is the smartest guy in every room 

2 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Time to think longer term and set the team up for success for many years to come, which means that Rhule won't willing want to do it, but maybe Fitterer and Morgan are reading teh Huddle.  Rhule may be desperate to win now, but that doesn't mean that Fitterer and Morgan will rubber stamp Rhule's insanity, roll over and play dead.  They have reputations too, and I'm sure they don't want Rhule's stench on their future NFL careers, where ever that may be.  

Trade back into the teens to secure a second round pick.  Draft Linderbaum in first, Kenyon Green in the second. Sign either Corbett or Connor Williams in FA.  Your starting line up next year would be very young, but a great foundation for many years to come. LT - Brady Christenson, LG - Corbett or Williams, C - Linderbaum, RG - Elflein, Green or Brown, RT - Moton.  

Here's where it gets painful: Roll with Darnold this season.  Darnold will either prove he was a victim of bad line play, leading to 'happy feet' and bad choices, or we have conclusive proof that he is broken and not salvageable.  If he does well, hallelujah.  If he flames out, we will pick in the top 10 and can take a shot at drafting the next QB of the future.

This will not get fixed in one year.  Why draft like it will?  

For the same reason there were more CBs on this team then capable OTs

Other than Darnold  potentially being something he has never been, your reasoning is sound and that’s the reason it won’t happen 

I think Rhuke should be told, you wanted him,  live with him as you were stupid enough to not give yourself a prenuptial 

Edited by raleigh-panther

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why the fug can they just not run it back with darnold one more year?

people need to give up on this idea

Why would a coach, and maybe GM, who are on the hot seat, go into the season and not change the most important position on the field that happened to be one of the worst in the league last year?

Only way that happens is if the owner steps in.

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

This is 100% speculation about Deonte and our o-line coach. I think our o-line coach was really bad at coaching our lineman, and the biggest victim of that was Deonte. So the o-line coach was fired, and we might see Deonte starting next season once our new o-line coach has some time to get him up to speed.

if Campen can't fix Deonte Brown, nobody can.  But I have a lot of confidence that he will and Brown is going to play this season.

Why last year Deonte wasn't in every jumbo package for short yardage, I'll never know . . .