• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gilmore

ncfan

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's 31. We aren't in a position to contend. Resigning him would be dumb.

Although I do agree that we aren’t in a position to contend that’s not how the Panthers are approaching this.

They truly think they’re a LT and QB away from contending. I do think we end up with Garoppolo.  

So if they believe they’re contenders again this year (they will) I’d prefer they bring back Gilmore. If they’re choosing Reddick over Gilmore then OK but if it’s Donte over Gilmore then oh boy.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Extending Donte would be even dumber.  And guys like Gilmore are usually able to transition to safety as they age out of corner and still have just as much of an impact.  It would be dumb to let him walk if he wants to be here.

I could get on board with this.

Probably worth remembering that Matt Rhule is a big Donte Jackson fan though.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

For the record, Gillys wife responded to all this on Twitter just now and said it has nothing to do with football and that its the off-season.....so yeah. 

shocking. Its like athletes only tweet about their job and employer and nothing else....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could get on board with this.

Probably worth remembering that Matt Rhule is a big Donte Jackson fan though.

Rhule being a big fan of underachieving players is a common theme.  This team is going to be so much worse after he leaves than when he got here. Dark days ahead. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Although I do agree that we aren’t in a position to contend that’s not how the Panthers are approaching this.

They truly think they’re a LT and QB away from contending. I do think we end up with Garoppolo.  

So if they believe they’re contenders again this year (they will) I’d prefer they bring back Gilmore. If they’re choosing Reddick over Gilmore then OK but if it’s Donte over Gilmore then oh boy.

Personally I’d let Gilmore and Donte walk.

You drafted Horn 8th overall. Sent a 3rd for CJ. Keith Taylor was impressive enough. Hartsfield is solid. Bouye is your vet. 

The way they approached the CB position last year was so that they didn’t have to spend $$$ on it down the road 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

We are probably not as far away talent wise as many here think.  Two good olinemen and a QB would put us in position to contend, if we had a different coaching staff (a big if).  Of course, getting a good qb is the trick.  They aren't that easy to get, and Bridgewater II, I mean Garapalo ain't it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We are probably not as far away talent wise as many here think.  Two good olinemen and a QB would put us in position to contend, if we had a different coaching staff (a big if).  Of course, getting a good qb is the trick.  They aren't that easy to get, and Bridgewater II, I mean Garapalo ain't it.

What team are you watching? This team is more than two players away from being a contender. Especially with our cap situation.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

This damn fool has thought he was just the right afterthought stop gap QB away from competing from the get go despite all the bullshit about a "process" and "five year" plan hence why we keep drastically overspending on those types of players.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t understand this management. Trade for a hometown guy, who just so happens to arguably be the best CB in the game, only get to use him for a handful of games, and you don’t bring him back. I’m not saying that’s what happened, but I wouldn’t put it past this team. Gilmore>Djax and it should be Gilmore coming back. He actually wants to be here, bless his heart. 

I think the thought process was he would step in for Horn who was hurt back when we were stupid and thought we had a playoff team. I can live with that for a 6th rounder. It also prevent him from going to Tampa which was worth it….

• Pie 1