• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would this get you excited for this season?

Zod

Cam with a LT #6 is the only way this season could be something. Otherwise we've still got a long rebuild ahead of us.

I don't trust the coaching staff to develop a quarterback anymore and pass protection will continue to be an issue if we get a QB #6. Not expecting much in the short term if we go that route.  

Sam/PJ with a LT #6 - Meh. I'll tune in if I'm bored.

Edited by MechaZain

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Meh, I’d be most excited about Willis just for the high ceiling chance. Cam is done and to be honest, I’m not sure he’d be a great mentor this year. New offense he’s never played in before and his best assets are/were running and his arm. That’s not teachable and Willis already has those. He’d be a great personal mentor but that’s not worth paying $6M for and watching what we had to watch this year.

I agree. Kid's already got a good head on his shoulders and the goal is to not be like Cam mechanically.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

No

It would be an offense Cam isnt really familiar with and honestly I would say they have similar strengths (besides the fact Cam was huge) and similar weaknesses.  Cam's weaknesses never improved that much over his career, his strengths were just great enough they carried him.  I'm not sure what about that would make a great mentor.  Cam was spectacular in his time and he is the face of the franchise but it's time to move on.  I'm not sure how many ways it can be shown that he's not the player he used to be.  Time is undefeated. 

I'm the biggest Cam homer here and I'd have to reject that.

There is a top QB in this draft, he's being ignored so a better team can get him while dumb bottom feeders slurp on Pickett and Willis like the absolute morons they are.

Neither are better than my guy this year. They're scrubs in comparison in almost every way compared to...

Strong 2022!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Part of me says yes absolutely, and the other part of me is saying No Thanks!!

The writing is on the wall for Matt Rhule, it was before he even stepped foot inside BoA Stadium. The last thing I'd want is for us to sign Cam and he have a stellar season that gets us to the playoffs and then we retain Rhule for several more years. Or Cam comes here and the team falls flat, again. I'm not sure either scenario would be good for the team until Matt Rhule is no longer coaching it

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

I would be excited if we sat Willis for a year. He needs that much seasoning. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No.

Not at all. 

I will always appreciate Cam for everything he did for the team and City but he's done. He hasn't played even average since the first half of 2018 and people wanting to see him continue will be the same ones that rake him over the coals when he continues to play horribly after the first month. 

And Willis, I do not like as a prospect. He very well could have the mental capacity to make immense improvements over the next season or so, but his game is so raw and unpolished my expectations are incredibly low. 

Do not like this scenario at all. 

Hey, #1 in next years draft. Go go go.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No.

Not at all. 

I will always appreciate Cam for everything he did for the team and City but he's done. He hasn't played even average since the first half of 2018 and people wanting to see him continue will be the same ones that rake him over the coals when he continues to play horribly after the first month. 

And Willis, I do not like as a prospect. He very well could have the mental capacity to make immense improvements over the next season or so, but his game is so raw and unpolished my expectations are incredibly low. 

He’s played the last two years with two teams he signed with late and one in the middle of the season. Yet he still managed to be the only one out there scoring TDs. No QB and I mean not a single one is going to be successful when they barely know the plays. In NE he scored more total TDs than Brady did in his last season there. It’s more than just about the QB. 

13 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s played the last two years with two teams he signed with late and one in the middle of the season. Yet he still managed to be the only one out there scoring TDs. No QB and I mean not a single one is going to be successful when they barely know the plays. In NE he scored more total TDs than Brady did in his last season there. It’s more than just about the QB. 

Laughing Man Lol GIF

Dude quit making excuses for him, he’s done

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No.

Not at all. 

Solid football moves aren't necessarily exciting.

And moves that are done for "excitement" more often than not turn out to be bad football moves.

Prime example: David Tepper was looking for "big splash / get everybody excited" energy when he hired Matt Rhule.

How'd that work out?

• Flames 1