• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I kind of want to see what the huddle thinks if this happens..

5 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Seeing how FUBAR this situation is with the team. What would your reaction be if the team decided to blow up the roster NOW and trade away people like CMC, Shaq, Burns, DJ, etc for draft capital?

Not saying it will happen, but I'm curious to know how the fan base would feel about the team literally having a fire sale and starting over now, 3 years after Rhule and Company arrived?

Personally, I'd laugh but would be intrigued to see how much they could get for quality players that are on the roster. Seeing as they can't get more than 5 wins with them, wonder what their record would be without them. 

We didn’t win with them, so why not

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Once you transition into "just here to watch the train wreck" mode it gets a lot less frustrating. Just FYI.

That's where I'm at. Check in once in a while to see where they're at on the tracks to oblivion.

11 hours ago, rayzor said:

We aren't winning with them. What could it really hurt?

This.  They've proven that this particular group of players together cannot win squat and are not particularly exciting to watch, or close to being a dangerous team.  I would not be mad if they traded anybody they have that has any value and get a ton of high pick back.  Start over, because this current iteration ain't it. 

I don’t know if this place would be saltier now or saltier when DJ, Shaq, or Burns gets all pro nods in situations where coaches work with them.

again this places obsession with getting rid of talent is weird.

I wasn’t a Deangelo fan but this place was super salty when he got his ass kicked into high gear by Tomlin.

Lets say we rebuild the roster--would Rhule have won the super bowl if we had the Ram's roster?  I do not think so.  I think these players are expendable because they are in a bad scheme with a bad coach.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Lets say we rebuild the roster--would Rhule have won the super bowl if we had the Ram's roster?  I do not think so.  I think these players are expendable because they are in a bad scheme with a bad coach.

Being a bad scheme requires us to have a scheme lol.  I don't even think Rhule really has an "offense".  

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Seeing how FUBAR this situation is with the team. What would your reaction be if the team decided to blow up the roster NOW and trade away people like CMC, Shaq, Burns, DJ, etc for draft capital?

Not saying it will happen, but I'm curious to know how the fan base would feel about the team literally having a fire sale and starting over now, 3 years after Rhule and Company arrived?

Personally, I'd laugh but would be intrigued to see how much they could get for quality players that are on the roster. Seeing as they can't get more than 5 wins with them, wonder what their record would be without them. 

Based on the last few years and our current roster this has to be an option being discussed.  Big thing if they did this would be future draft picks and smart signings/draft in 2022. 

We shouldn't trade for many 2022 draft picks in a weak class for key positions we would need (QB, RB, DT, Interior OL)...we have too many holes that this draft won't fill long term and free agency doesn't have available.  And don't overspend on 28+ yr old vets since we know we won't compete for 2 years.  If we blow it up we take a hit for the 2022-23 seasons and pile up for 2023 & 2024 drafts under new coaching - no half way. 

Honestly given the players in FA and this draft as much as I hate to see Moore, CMC, Robby, Jackson go - it may be the only way we avoid 4-5 years of mediocrity.