• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

Getting a 1st in return to get rid of that contract is a no brainer, even if it is later like the Bills or something. I love McCaffrey, absolute beast and one of the few bright spots of our current playoff drought. But he's a RB in an era where RBs just aren't valued, has a massive contract and hasn't been able to stay on the field lately. For a team without much draft capital we should definitely do this, as much as it would suck to see him getting healthy and lighting it up in another uniform.

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I guess it depends on the 1st, but at this point it feels like any 1st would be a decent return.  He's a really special player when healthy, but I'm not just not sure if he can stay healthy for a full season any more.  Certainly not with the same way he's been used in the past.

That to me is the key.

I'm a big fan.  I think we should keep him.  I also think we should stop treating him like he's JStew.  If we need three yards between the tackles, fine, draft a guy to do that.  If we are gonna get him out on the edge with motion, match him up against LB's, create scary looks for a defense, GREAT.  Give him carries and catches, but make sure he gets those in places where he can be the guy he is.

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That to me is the key.

I'm a big fan.  I think we should keep him.  I also think we should stop treating him like he's JStew.  If we need three yards between the tackles, fine, draft a guy to do that.  If we are gonna get him out on the edge with motion, match him up against LB's, create scary looks for a defense, GREAT.  Give him carries and catches, but make sure he gets those in places where he can be the guy he is.

We will trade him to a team with good coaching and he will be used correctly and everyone here will be yelling about how poor the general management was to let him go.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I remember when I got ripped apart on here suggesting that we would get at least a first for CMC if we were to trade him. We have all of the leverage here.

I was ripped too.  Some folks told me we'll have to give up a pick just to get someone to take him.

For a first absolutely. We can ask for that but doesn't mean it will happen due to the injuries. The Texans are doing the same thing with Watson. Just because you want it doesn't mean there will be a buyer.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I remember when I got ripped apart on here suggesting that we would get at least a first for CMC if we were to trade him. We have all of the leverage here.

I remember going to the team store and having no confidence in purchasing a CMC jersey with the expectation that I just couldn't see him on the team long term when it came time to put my own money on it. Got a Chinn jersey tho.

• Pie 1